• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PE 12 Burned disc won't play to end

Participant ,
Dec 22, 2017 Dec 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have completed my project and have tried burning to a disc, it burns fine and tells me it is "finished" but when I go to replay the disc it stops playing toward the end of the project. It is a new disc and I don't see any imperfections or scratches in the disc.   This has happened with several attempts to burn and with different discs of the same kind.

I have 448 photos on the project, not including the transitions, and the music. My setting for Burn are DVD, NTCS_Widescreen_Dolby DVD and "fit to available space is checked".  I am using a Memorex DVD +RW disc as I don't want to waste my permanent discs and especially when it won't work on play back. I burn my projects first on a RW disc so that I can preview them and correct anything before burning the final project.

Any thoughts or tips as to why it won't play back to the end and it stalls?  Thanks

P.S.  When I put the disc in my computer it will play all the way thru, just not in my DVD player, thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 23, 2017 Dec 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you say the disc won't play all the way through, I'm assuming you mean when you play the disc on your TV's DVD player.

If the disc plays fine on your computer but not on your DVD player, tthe most likely issue is that you're recording to a DVD-RW. Remember that home-burned DVD-Rs and DVD+Rs use a chemical process to burn their data to a disc. This is as opposed to commercial DVDs, which are pressed into the metal disc under the plastic. That's why some DVD players have trouble playing home-burned DVDs.

But DVD-RWs use a completely different process for "burning" their information to a DVD disc -- and DVD players can have even more difficulty playing them.

In other words, the way to test drive your DVDs is on your computer's disc drive. If it plays fine there, then the issue is with your DVD player-- and it may play fine on most but not all disc players.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am burning to a DVD + RW and it has worked fine in the past with the same format disc and the same DVD player, that is what is confusing to me.

It plays all the way thru on my computer but not on my TV DVD player.  Also when I burn to a permanent disc I use Verbatim DVD-R discs and they have always played fine on my TV DVD player with other projects.

Any other thoughts?  Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try another disc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bob, I did that also, tried two different discs although they were both the same format DVD + RW

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I stand by my belief that the issue is that you're trying to play DVD-RWs on your DVD player. There's every indication, based on what you've told us.

I guess it's up to you whether or not you want to believe me though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines