Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PE 12 Looping a DVD to play on a lap top

Participant ,
May 14, 2019 May 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings,

I looked in the forums and saw a posting and answer on this problem back in 2014, now 5 years later I am posting the same question in hopes that there is a solution out there. I read ATR's problem solving and it was long and it sounded complicated. So all of that said is there a way that I can loop a DVD and burn it with PE 12 other than keep adding it to the time line?

I could put my files into Windows Movie Maker and that works for the picture files, but as far as the music goes I have edited it on the timeline in Adobe and not sure it there is a way to do that in Movie Maker, it there might be please let me know because I believe that I can set a loop in Movie Maker.

As I said on the subject heading I am going to play this on a lap top, so I don't have the option to hit replay on a DVD player. Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 14, 2019 May 14, 2019

You can't create a DVD that automatically loops. However, any DVD player can be set to replay your movie again and again. You can also do this in a number of computer-based DVD playing apps.

But if you're going to play your movie on a laptop, there's no reason to make a DVD. You can create a high-def MP4 and play a loop of it on the free VLC Media Player.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't create a DVD that automatically loops. However, any DVD player can be set to replay your movie again and again. You can also do this in a number of computer-based DVD playing apps.

But if you're going to play your movie on a laptop, there's no reason to make a DVD. You can create a high-def MP4 and play a loop of it on the free VLC Media Player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steve,

in VLC media player will I be able to add text and edit the audio timeline like I can do in PE?   Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

VLC is a media player. Not an editor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steve,

Okay so now I am confused, you mentioned in the first response that there was no need to make a DVD that I could create a high-def MP4 and play a loop of it on the free VLC Media Player. I know that an MP4 is an audio file but I need to make a program that uses jpegs and audio for my presentation and than loop it. If VLC is a media player is there some way that I can take the data from my DVD and import it into VLC? Or would I need to create my jpg with type on photoshop and than use audacity to edit my audio and import that into VLC? Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MP4s are video files. MP3s are audio files.

The VLC player can play DVDs as well as video files. But a high-def MP4 is four times the resolution of a DVD, so there are  a number of advantages to going with my recommendation.

But if you'd prefer to use a DVD, yes, VLC Player can play a disc on your computer also -- and it has many more features than the inferior Windows Media Player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steve,

Thank you so very much, what I did before your last reply was to download VLC player per your suggestion and played around with it. I opened it and could hear the music but no jpeg images and it gave me a me

VLC is unable to open the MRL 'dvd:///D:/OpenDVD/Sources/VTS_01_1_VOB'. Check the log for details.  I was about to send that to you when I kept searching. I than went back to my BD-Rom drive and saw that I was able to actually play the DVD that I had made and was able to loop it! Hurray! This is a Memorial DVD that I had made and am not sure it we will be able to get it on our overhead at church so I wanted to see if I could get it to loop on my laptop. I am now able to do that so one way or the other I can have this play at the Memorial service. I can't thank you enough, may you be blessed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please mark this question as correctly answered, AZ.Glad we could help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 15, 2019 May 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. I hope Adobe Premiere Elements is working smoothly for you. Feel free to contact us in case you get any hiccups. We'll be glad to help.

Thanks for your responses @Steve Grisetti.

^Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines