• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PE 14.1 Project: Any Change in Audio Track Causes Playback to Crash

Engaged ,
Jul 19, 2019 Jul 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PE 14.1 on a WIN7 desktop PC with SSDs both for the C: & D: drives.

A few days ago I started a new project using video footage from my Panasonic V727 Camcorder (as I have done for many years).

Advanced Video Codec AVC, supported by PE 10 - 15 incl.

(AVCHD (.m2ts))

Video Stream: 23.7 Mb/s, 1920*1080 (16:9), at 50.000 FPS, AVC (High@L4.2)

I have included a small number of digital photos into the timeline with "Pan & Zoom" effect.

I use transitions between some of the clips.

Video#2 track has a number of "Default Texts" & for the credits at the end there is "Default Roll".

The entire video is less than 9 minutes long.

All is well & good & not really of any difference to numerous projects I have done in the past.

BUT when I try ANY modification to the audio (Audio 1) such as Fade in or out or just lowering the

level, when I try playback as soon as the TLI enters a clip with modified audio the program crashes.

I've not seen this before.  My audio system is nothing complicated - just two speakers plugged

into the back of the PC motherboard!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Under Preferences in the menu is an Audio Hardware choice.  Would you look, see what the choices are and pick something different? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First off I tried removing all the preview files (by deleting the appropriate directories), reloaded

the project & rendered the whole thing.  After that I modified one audio & PE crashed on

reaching that clip - or rather was a few seconds into the clip.

There is only one option for Audio Hardware choice:

HWS.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just created a test project with a couple of the same clips used in my "real" project

and fade in/out / level change in the audio works.

So there must be "something" in my main project that is causing the trouble.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you have a stray and tiny audio clip on another track that got there by accident?  If only a few frames in length, it might be hard to find.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It could be but unlikely.

I'll try to do some more testing this evening or tomorrow.

The current effect is independent fo whether I try to modify the audio of the first video track (preceeded by a static title & a map of the area being fillmed) or one later in the project.  Currently there is no music track.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 20, 2019 Jul 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The WIN7 installation on my PC is in German; my PE14 installation is in English.

When PR14 fails in the way described above a popup appears:

PRcrash.jpg

If I open the details button at the bottom I see:

Problemsignatur:

Problemereignisname:    APPCRASH

Anwendungsname:    Adobe Premiere Elements.exe

Anwendungsversion:    14.0.0.0

Anwendungszeitstempel:    5666c358

Fehlermodulname:    AudioFilters.dll

Fehlermodulversion:    8.0.0.0

Fehlermodulzeitstempel:    5666beeb

Ausnahmecode:    c0000005

Ausnahmeoffset:    000000000000709a

Betriebsystemversion:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48

Gebietsschema-ID:    1031

Zusatzinformation 1:    b8bc

Zusatzinformation 2:    b8bcb165f90b399868a1391583d5e3f5

Zusatzinformation 3:    bd50

Zusatzinformation 4:    bd50833da75d876d01983652d0e84465

Followed by a couple of links to data privicy stuff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 23, 2019 Jul 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all I examined the whole project with the timeline magnification turned up & could see no stray clip between real clips nor anything outside video/audio tracks 1 & 2.

Today I made a copy of the project, deleted all the preview files and first removed all clips from Video/Audio track 2 and then started to remove clips from track 1.  To test I selected "Audio Fade in" on the first video clip.

PE 14 always chrashed on reaching the fade in part (did same at end of clip if I used fade out).

I was down to just the one opening clip & the crashes still happen.  I'm certain that its not due to that first clip per se as I first came across the issue when applying fade out to the final video clip before the credits.

If I create a new project with that first clip it all works fine.  Its going to be a lot of work starting the project alsmost from scratch again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You certainly have my sympathy!  There is a "needle in the haystack" somewhere.  Crashing on audio fades is rare!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cut the haystack down to just one stalk of hay & the issue is still there.

Seems to happen with any one of the stalks...

Its not just with fading in/out - any change to an audio track (such as just lowering the level of the entire track) causes PE14 to crash.

I've never had this before in the numerous videos I have created.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another test:  A fresh copy of the almost-completed project - this time I removed all texts in Video 2 above video clips and then removed all video clips leaving the opening two graphics (title & a map of the location with pan & zoom and the finishing up "photo album" withe the credits.  That played back.

Then I inserted the first video clip in it original place (i.e. after the first 2 graphics) & hey presto - I could modify the audio settings & play the video back.  Is this caused by the first video clip - I think not as I made yet another copy of the original project, removed the first video clip & modified the audio in the second & again PE14 crashed on reaching that clip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All I can do is encourage you to keep going.  It is there somewhere!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 25, 2019 Jul 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I was faced with two choices: either taking the video as-is without any adjustments to the audio track or rebuild it from the above project with all video clips removed.  I chose the latter - making copies of the project after re-adding each video clip until it was completed.

Not a solution to the original problem though.

The result is here:  Crich Tramway Village April 2019 - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for posting the link to your fabulous video.  "Travelogs" are not easy and yours is very well done.  I subscribed to your channel so that I can watch some of your other work when I have some time.

Last year I experienced a similar trolly experience in New Orleans.  They are still in use as a primary transportation choice that connects important parts of the city.

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For an example from last year of maps with lines being drawn (following Steve's method):

Cala Llenya Resort und Umgebung 2018 - YouTube

From 00:08  and  5:11

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 26, 2019 Jul 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Its happend again - on a completely new project!

I started PE14.1 with a new project and added two video clips from the camcorder I've been using since 2014.

I inserted a "Performance Stage Light" at the very front with "default text"  on video #2 above and added my rolling credits at the end.

On the first video track I added "Fade in Audio" & when the TLI reached this when playing back PE crashed.

Having been bitten by this with the previous project I reloaded the project, deleted the two video clips & reinserted these & hey presto - I could apply "Fade Audio in" without a crash following.

In the past I did all the video work & adjusted audio afterwards but it looks as if I have to switch to doing both on a per-clip basis.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines