• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PE 18 won't open PE 15 projects. Solution anyone?

New Here ,
Sep 07, 2018 Sep 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. We've used PE for years.

2. PE 18 was loaded on three different new laptops and got the same result each time. You click on .prel file created in PE 15, bar says it's loaded 100%, but no videos appear in Assets or the edited timeline.

3. Newest LG laptop: Windows 10, 16 Gig Ram,  .5 Tera solid state hard drive, Intel UHD Graphics 620. Same problem on last gen of LG laptops.

4. PE 15 won't load on laptop above as well. Think there's an incompatibility with graphics chip?

Any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 08, 2018 Sep 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Elements is not backwards compatible. You can not open projects created with an older version of Premiere Elements with a newer version of Premiere Elements. In fact, doing say may corrupt the project files.

We recommend completing any editing in the same version of the program you started the project in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Steve.

Bad move by Adobe. All previous versions of PE could open projects in older versions. PE 15 can open projects we created several years ago. Looks like we'll have to move on to a more stable platform. Just opened one project that is 11 years old. No problem. Disappointed that Adobe doesn't disclose this before purchase.

This is especially troubling now that we find that PE 15 won't work on newer generations of graphics cards and they don't update PE15.

We subscribe to Creative Suite, and can use Premiere Pro, but it's not user friendly for simpler projects, especially where we need to create a simple DVD interface. Also, it won't cleanly convert PE files.

Thanks Again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Someone named "Claire Heaven" sent me an email from the Team Adobe asking me to send the serial number of Adobe Photoshop 18.

The issue isn't about Photoshop, but Premiere Elements 18. Wonder if Claire is a computer generated request?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure sounds like spam to me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2018 Sep 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Spam?: Sounds like Adobe has been hacked because I got the email from adobe.com right after my post.

Tried to install my copy of Premiere 15 because 2018 won't open PE 15 projects: Get error "Installer failed to initialize" ... "Download Adobe Support Advisor" ... I click on that link and there is not such app ... saw a number of other folks going back to 2014 who encountered the same issue with no resolution.

Any idea what I can do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dank23385138  wrote

Someone named "Claire Heaven" sent me an email from the Team Adobe

That is SPAM. Claire Heaven was deactivated yesterday.

There are many posts in many of the Adobe forums with many user names claiming to be from Team Adobe (which is not an existing Adobe team) and asking for log in details or to connect with Skype (Adobe never uses Skype with users).  The moderators and Adobe staff are working hard to get rid of this infestation.

You can report abuse if you suspect a spammer:

ra.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If someone from Adobe is asking you about Adobe Photoshop 18, something is definitely wrong because that product does not exist. (I'm also a bit suspicious of a name like Claire Heaven.)

There is Photoshop Elements 2018 and there is Adobe Photoshop CC. But no Photoshop 18. So it's a pretty good indicator somebody wants to swipe your serial number.

That said, I don't know why Premiere (Elements?) 15 won't install on your computer. It was already on your computer, right? Did you uninstall it and then decide to re-install it? I'm a bit confused by what you're trying to do, dank.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trouble shooting, we removed PE 15 because we thought there might be a conflict with PE 18 on the same computer. Maybe a bad/corrupted install. So PE 15 isn't on the computer. We do have Adobe Creative Suite and Cloud on the same computer. We were thinking about removing all Adobe, start from scratch, but conflict doesn't seem to be the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 18, 2018 Sep 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Interesting that this is a problem with version 15. I was using Elements 11 and after upgrading to 18, all previous projects created with 11 opened and edited with no issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines