• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PE 19 - Computer speakers not recognised

Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2018 Oct 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just installed Premiere Elements 19. No sound from timeline or elsewhere. However, perfect sound if I play my clips on any other player. The speakers are set to default ourput - so everything is OK. However, the audioconfiguration in the project settings tells me "device class MME" and "Realtec High Definition" not working.

Al audio testing in windows works just fine but not PE.

Are there any hidden settings?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 28, 2018 Oct 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you setting your speakers in the program's preferences? It's not clear when you say you've configured your speakers if you've configured them in your operating system or the program.

First, if you've got a USB microphone or headphones plugged in, unplug them.

In Premiere Elements 2019, go to Edit/Preferences and open Audio Hardware. Make sure your Default Output and Master Clock out set for your Speakers. (Realtek High Definition Audio on many computers.)

If that doesn't give you sound, change the Default Input and see if that makes a difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2018 Oct 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No USB microphones or headphones plugged in. In the audio Hardware settings are correect - both operating system and program.

when I export the project, sound is fine in the exportet file. It's just that PE does not adress the speakers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning Helmut!

I use a wireless headset, and the microphone that comes with it automatically kicks in even though it sounds pretty bad compared to my built-in mic. So, whenever, I load PRE, I have to check my sound preferences to make sure that my mic and sound output (speakers or headset) are the right ones. If I not, I change them in the computer preferences and then make sure they match the ones in my PRE preferences. That might be the issue.

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi good morning,

I do not use direct recording and hence have no mic attached. It's just my notebook with its internal speakers or a headphone pluged into the 3,5 mill headphone output. Bit since the internal speakers dont work with PRE the headphones don't either. All other players work fine, all settings jecked again and again. No result.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may also want to check your operating system to make sure that the same speaker set is selected for both your OS and Premiere Elements.

But what you're describing is definitely fixed by changing the Audio Hardware preference settings in Premiere Elements. (Have you tried a couple of different In/Out settings?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I checked that as well - see screenshots. Everything as it should be. When I try to change In/Out settings in PE I get an error message - MME device error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a 2019 customer you have access to the Adobe "chat" system.  They should be able to run your computer remotely and determine the cause of the errors.

Contact Customer Care

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2018 Nov 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I get acces to the chat system? through the support page I never mange to get there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2018 Nov 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I click throug the "how van we help you?" questions but alwais end up in the "find more self-help solutions". There is nothing to start chat?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2018 Nov 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once again, how can I contact customer care or support? Whatever I do I am left with only the forum option. I pay monthly for my cloud subscription and there seems to be no way to get proper help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 12, 2018 Nov 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HelmutWR  wrote

Once again, how can I contact customer care or support? Whatever I do I am left with only the forum option. I pay monthly for my cloud subscription and there seems to be no way to get proper help?

Care 1.jpg

Care 2.jpg

Care 3.jpg

Care 4.jpg

Care 5.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2019 Jan 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had many problems with the installation of PREL 2018 on a new laptop with Windows 10, and noticed the same 'speakers not working' in preferences/audio hardware.

I found a solution by opening Windows Settings/ Privacy / Microphone and making  sure the microphone access is 'On', and that it is 'On' for the camera.

This solved all the problems I was having with the program hanging, crashing, not closing etc, as well as restoring sound.

This is how your settings should look.Microphone on in settings.JPG

And the PREL Preferences should look like this:

speakers working.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 18, 2019 Jan 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Set input to None.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2019 Jan 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for pointing that out - it has improved reliability.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 19, 2019 Jan 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are not using a microphone in any app then turn it off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2022 Jan 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So today I bought PE 2022 (ver 20).

Play a clip, no sound. Stumbled across this article.

Got to near the end - privacy settings on Mic. What the heck. And it fixed it.

Closed the project, re-opened, find. Turn Mic off, close project, reopen, no sound.

Best thing - I dont even have a mic connected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines