Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PE 19 - Problems with Render.

New Here ,
Dec 15, 2018 Dec 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

My project in PE19 is now over 1 hour long and I'm not done yet. It will be a surprise for my grand daughter's 18th birthday.

But, I have a big problem - Render does not work.

I press the keyboard key and get a flash back, but then nothing happens.

As you understand, I am quite a newbie to this product, but what am I doing wrong?

How can I solve the problem?

Thanks in advance.

Regards Finn

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 16, 2018 Dec 16, 2018

The language should not matter.  My guess is that you might have a project settings and source footage mismatch.  That would depend on how you started the project.   It won't matter if your editing work remains smooth and you are satisfied with the Share result.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In order to save time when the real experts come along they are likely to need some information including:

1) MAC or Windows?

2) Which version of the operating system?

3) What is the source (i.e. camera type) for your video?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

1. Windows

2. Windows 10

3. Source originally from Sony HFS21, but input to PE19 from disk in

laptop.

4. Laptop with Intel i7-8758H and 16GB DDR4 and 512GB PCIe SSD and 1 TB

HDD.

Best regards

Finn

Den 15.12.2018 12:19, skrev HOTELECHOMIKE:

PE 19 - PROBLEMS WITH RENDER.

created by HOTELECHOMIKE in Premiere Elements - View the full discussion

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The word "render" gets confusing.  In Premiere Elements I think it only shows up in one place.  It is for "rendering" the preview during editing.  If there is a yellow/orange bar above the timeline and your computer is struggling, you can "render" the project and the preview experience improves.   

If your project does not need an improved preview or there are only a few small spots of yellow/orange, you may  get a brief "flash" of a message when you poke the "Render" button.

In other words, "Render" in Premiere Elements has nothing to do with the final creation of a shareable video.  Premiere Elements calls that "Export & Share".  In generic terms, many would call that "rendering" or "output rendering".   Some might call it "transcoding".

In short, to make that gift for your granddaughter when you are done with all your editing, you move to "Export & Share" where you pick your choice of media and settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answer.
I used the Render button some times during the first 9 minutes of the project, but forgot for a long time.

When I tried the Render button again when the project lasted about 1 hour, there was no reaction.

I have a green bar for the first 9 minutes and a long yellow bar for the rest of the Project.

I will stay calm and follow Your suggestion to og to Export & Share when the editing is finished.

Best regards Finn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know why you would have a long yellow bar and the Render button does not work.  If it were me, I would try some Export&Share exercises before you put more work into the project.  I do like being calm!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2018 Dec 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Export&Share to disk Works fine! 

Good to know!

I use the swedish version of PE19, but that should not cause the problem of Rendering (I hope)?

Thank's for your support, I will continue to the finish with my prosject.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 16, 2018 Dec 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The language should not matter.  My guess is that you might have a project settings and source footage mismatch.  That would depend on how you started the project.   It won't matter if your editing work remains smooth and you are satisfied with the Share result.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines