• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PE 2018 blue screens my PC

New Here ,
Feb 17, 2020 Feb 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok I am VERY confused with this. I have recently upgraded my gaming PC to quite a high end. My specs are:

I9 9900kf @ 5.0ghz

GTX 2070 super 

32gb ram @ 3000mhz

I went to render a video and watched my temps spike really high and just BSOD everytime i go and render which is very odd for a high end PC, Now I am assuming PE 2018 doesn't have GPU support or is there a way around this to stop my PC from BSOD when rendering ? 

Kind regards

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 18, 2020 Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a guess, but you might try a graphics driver update.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Microsoft's latest operating system is very resilient, and blue screens are virtually unhead of in Windows 10 -- and they're virtually never caused by a bug in a program.

Is your computer an on-the-shelf brand name model or was it custom made? Is your processor over-clocked? Have you tried monitoring your processor's temperature? Overheating  is much more likely to cause blue screening or an operating system crash than something in a program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a custom made PC and it is overclocked and stable and temps are perfect when streaming and gaming at the same time. I go and render using PE18 and the temps rise like crazy and eventually BSOD. 

So it's deffo something to do with PE18 as on the overclock it's had plenty of stress tests and temps didn't ever rise like the render does to my cpu 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another guess:

Try uninstalling and reinstalling Premiere Elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What type of media are you editing?

Please use the free MediaInfo and post a screenshot the properties of your media in tree view:
https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

58345cf0c0424cbf11bc39a4b2d865b2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2020 Feb 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm assuming this is what your wanting ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These are some unusual specs. Where is this video from? 1600x900 is not a standard camcorder or phone resolution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct. As I am recording games via OBS studio with that output setting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 21, 2020 Feb 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's likely the problem. It's why Premiere Elements is struggling even on your powerful machine.

I'd recommend you try the free trial of CyberLink PowerDirector 18 and see if it works better in this case. PowerDirector is more tolerant of these types of video files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines