Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PE 2018, possible to insert tracks?

Participant ,
Jun 01, 2020 Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

In PE 2018, is it possible to insert tracks? I know that a track or tracks can be added after the last track or before the first track, but I would like to insert tracks in between tracks in an existing project.

Thank you,

Todd

TOPICS
User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you inserting footage into a an existing track or adding a video track?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to insert a whole new track. I am able to bring clips into existing tracks, no problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 09, 2020 Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it is possible to insert tracks. You could just split the clip and move the second portion and bring your own clip to the intended position. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mohammad,

I think you are describing inserting a clip into an existing track. That's not what I'm asking. I'm asking if it's possible to add a new, empty track anywhere I want. Currently, my only choices are add video and/or audio track(s) before the first track or after the last track.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, that's not possible in Premiere Elements, Todd. You'll need to create a new audio and/or video track and then drag your clips up to it to create an empty track below existing footage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Steve.  Is insert track(s) a feature in Premiere pro?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines