• EspaƱol
      • FranƧais
      • PortuguĆŖs
  • ę—„ęœ¬čŖžć‚³ćƒŸćƒ„ćƒ‹ćƒ†ć‚£
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PE13 in DVD burn stops at 98%....why? This install worked before.

Contributor ,
Jan 22, 2019 Jan 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I cant use PE19 for my video because it does not support  a certain codec for audio I was forced to use PE13 to edit some old DVD from VHS video. SO ... when I try to burn a new DVD it gets to 98% and stops.......Why ????? I have used PE13 for years and hundreds of video edits...why now does it pull this *&^%$.... the disc has enoght data to play on my PC but it did not complete and will not play in my DVD player....

PS> I recently did a fresh install  and added all the updates..... it still does not get past 98% burn.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 22, 2019 Jan 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without knowing more *&^%$ about your computer, footage, project settings, output settings, DVD brand and type anything is a guess.  But, the first guess based on other 98% questions is that the computer is running out of memory, disk space or resources.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 23, 2019 Jan 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It also might be worth trying to burn an ISO file to your hard drive rather than burning directly to a disc. That will tell you whether the problem is with the transcoding process or with the program being unable to interface with your disc drive.

Very strange that the DVD will play on your computer but not your DVD player. That can happen -- but it certainly won't happen if the disc creation is failing at 98%.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Steve for your response. I will try the ISO file you suggested and perhaps a complete clean install of the product if the ISO in inconclusive.

As far as the disk playing on my PC but not in my DVD/Blu ray player I think it might be the last process in the burn. I think the program has to "finalize" the disc for play on other devices and this is a step not completed when the process goes to "Not Responding" at 98%.

I cant understand why a program that has run faithfully on this same PC suddenly wont. I did install additional memory from 8 gb to 16 gb DDR3 and installed a new WD 4 tb data drive but the C:/ (SSD) drive where my Photoshop 13 is installed and where it saves projects to is unchanged. PSE13 has run on this PC since the upgrade until recently. Too bad PSE19 is so particular about the sound codec...I could just as well run it instead....

I know the video card is older but this setup ran PSE just fine for years.>>

Windows 7 pro

AMD FX (TM) 8150 3.6 GHz Eight Core Processor

16 gb DDR3 memory

Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 SE 1gb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My guess is that a Windows update has changed the disc drive's driver. But producing that ISO will tell you if that's the case.

If the problem is with the driver, try going to your computer manufacturer's site (Dell, Compaq, HP), looking up support for your model of computer and re-installing their driver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve, the burner is a off the shelf.... Pioneer... I will go to their site and update now...Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I just successfully burned a ISO image. So that measn the drive Firmware is off...?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe. It's a bit trickier when you're using self-installed hardware. But reloading the firmware that came with the drive might be worth a shot.

Meantime, before this all drives you too buggy, remember that there's always the option of just saving your DVDs as ISOs and then using ImgBurn or other burning software to output DVD files from it. It really doesn't take any more time, and it has the extra bonus of giving you an ISO of your DVD for future reference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Firmware updated.... did not work. Going for the clean install of PSE13.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's worth a try, I guess. But if it doesn't work, there may not be a fix -- in which case you'll need to create your discs in two phases: Transcoding an ISO then converting the ISO to DVD using a program like ImgBurn, as I show you in this tutorial.

Using ImgBurn to burn DVDs and BluRay discs - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, all drivers updated, PSE13 reinstalled ...still stops at 98% . Can it be a caching issue? I have tried write caching fast and slow setting.... still neg.

I like the convenience of burning from Adobe so I want to get this to work..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been helping people on this board for 15 years and this is one issue that I've never found a satisfactory resolution to. It either works (and it always has for me, with every version of software, on every operating system since Windows XP) or it doesn't. And you'll drive yourself crazy trying. It's just a computer thing.

But if you can find a solution, please do report back with it. I would love to see this little hiccup be put to bed for good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've see the 98% freeze thing chatted all the way back to 2011 but I found no definitive answer in all those blogs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 11, 2019 Feb 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have a bit of an update for my issue here. Adobe support has been working with me for weeks now and we still don't have a definitive answer but i have determined that my problem only occurs when I'm burning to DVD+R discs. I can create on all other media DVD+RW ... DVD-R and ISO images which burn nicely with my third party burn software to any DVD format. My burner is a Pioneer and is a all of the above (+/-) and Blu-Ray burner.Again, all of this worked fine until recent month of two so I still wonder if its a win7 update issue..... FYI

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines