• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PE14-18 multi adjustment opacity keyframe doesn't work?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2017 Nov 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have some footage shot indoor with insufficient lighting so that the transition from day to night causes a gradual color shift that ends up needing correction.

What I would like to do to apply the correction gradually during the transition from day to night is:

1 add one adjustment layer and apply the 3 adjustments that get me where i want to be (rgb color, lighting and temp/tint).

2 adjust the opacity of the single adjustment layer created in step 1 using keyframes during the transition from day to night. IE, the correction is not applied at all during the beginning (full daylight) because opacity is 0%, and the correction is fully applied by nighttime - 100% opacity.

I would expect this to work, but it doesn't. Instead I must add a separate adjustment layer for each of the 3 adjustments and create the same set of keyframes during  transition from day to night for each.

This works, but is substantially more work to set up, and the rendering time increases dramatically; it appears the work is serialized rather than parallelized, so rendering is now taking 3-4 times as long.

Is there any way to avoid the duplicate work of setting up the same keyframes in each of 3 adjustment layers?

TIA, maypo

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?