• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PE15 isn't playing added media files anymore!

New Here ,
Jun 18, 2018 Jun 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everybody!

My PE15 isn't playing the media files I added on my timeline anymore. I'm such a noob when it comes to editing, but I have learned a couple of things since I installed PE15 on my Asus laptop last year March.

Is there an update I have to do? If so, where do I find it? I've been scrolling down the interwebz, but can't find a helpful answer 😞

Thanks in advance from the Netherlands!

BR,

Fienie

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 18, 2018 Jun 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no update that will affect playback.

Since you say "anymore" I assume things used to work. What operating system do you have?

What model of camcorder is your video coming from and what is the video's format (MOV, MP4, M2T) and resolution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve!

Thank you for your reply!

My last vlog I edited in PE15 in May and all was fine. The imported format of the files is MP4. Don't know about the resolution tho 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Since you don't know the origin or resolution of the MP4, you'll need to dissect it to see what's inside.

Open the MP4 in the free download MediaInfo. Set MediaInfo's View menu to Text, then copy and paste the report it generates to this forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines