Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PE15 no iso or no burning to DVD

New Here ,
Jun 19, 2017 Jun 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm using PE15 since the last 3 weeks. But I have issues on the iMAC macOS Sierra.

1) I tried to burn a project to a DVD but PE15 doesn't find my burn device. Therefore any idea what is maybe wrong? (Other programs are working fine!)

2) I tried to create an ISO file burn 4.7 GB (the movie is roughly 700 MB) Format is MPEG. After I started it it finished but I found to files an audio file ac3 and the respective video file m2v. Shouldn't that be a .iso file which I can burn directly to DVD?

Thanks in advance, T.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An ISO file is an image file that contains all of your DVD files. You can't play an ISO file. You need to use a program like ImgBurn to convert the ISO to a DVD disc.

I'm not sure why Sierra is not sharing your disc drive with Premiere Elements. How old is your computer?

Do you have a DVD-R or DVD+R in your drive? Are you sure that your drive can write to that disc format?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I know that the can't play it and I'm aware what an .iso file is. But maybe my question or sentence wasn't clear. PE15 isn't creating the iso file at all or do I have to do anything else to get the two files .ac4 and .mv2 coded into an .iso file?

It's an imac and the system is roughly 4 years old. But all other applications are finding the disc drive for burning.

I'm using a DVD-R,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure that the directory folder you're saving your ISO file to doesn't have any other files in it.

I'm not sure how you're getting an AC4 and a MV2 file. What options are you selecting to create your ISO?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2017 Jun 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I checked and the directory is empty also I checked the encoding directory, which is also empty no old files etc.

I marked only create an iso image 4.7 GB. (Because my burning device isn't found even after I scanned for it.

There is no other options which I can set or even change.

support is appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 20, 2017 Jun 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not support. This is a user to user forum.

If you want support, you should open up a Chat at Adobe Customer Care.

Adobe Customer Care

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2017 Jun 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Short update:

I installed PE15 on my MacBook and all is working fine. The burning drive is also showing up. The iso image is working well.

Lastly burning is also possible.

It's a matter of fact the iMac isn't working properly I assume an issue within my /Library...Adobe folder, as I had a test version of Final Cut running. Maybe there are old files which are causing the issue / conflict. Hence - I will delete it and do a clean install.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines