• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PE2020 Crash when creating Film Menu

New Here ,
May 23, 2020 May 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have been using PE for close to 20 years. I upgraded to PE2020 end of last year and now when I try to create menus (using Film menu under tools) it systematically crashes. I already tried to uninstall and reinstall the program, nothing changed.  I repeatedly send notifications to Adobe but no answer, so now I'm using the community. Any help will be welcomed. Thank you.  

TOPICS
Crash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume you're on 64 bit Windows 10. Have you gone to the AMD, Intel or nVidia sites and manually downloaded the latest drivers for your graphics card? An outdated driver or firmware is the main cause for this problem.

Beyond that, what processor do you have with how much RAM? How much free, clean, defragmented space is on your hard drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your message. Yes, I’m on 64 bit Windows 10. I have 16.0 Go RAM installed, an Intel® Core™ i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10 GHz processor and an AMD Radeon HD 5450 Graphic card. Windows tells me that the pilote for my graphic card is the best available. I regularly optimize my hard drives (regular defragmentation) but realize that my C: drive capacity is often borderline, I struggle to keep 5 to 7 Go free.

Is my Computer too hold for Premiere 2020?

Regards,

Philippe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, your computer is not too old for version 2020. But if you've only got 5-7 gigs of free space on your hard drive, it's not going to make much difference. Try clearing off 50 gigs of hard drive space and defrag it and I think your problem will be solved.

Your processor is on the lower end of what I'd recommend. It rates a benchmark 3,700. I always recommend a minimum of 6,500. But it's not a dealbreaker. I think it's your space that's the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again for your quick response. Not sure to understand however, when I say 7 Go free on my hard drive, that’s on the C: drive which is only 55 Go in size. I place there my basic programs. My E: drive, where I installed Adobe PE and PS, and store my videos is close to 1 T in size and has more than 150 Go free. I can’t free 50 Go on my C: drive, Windows alone is taking more than 16 Go.

Regards,

Philippe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

C: drive capacity is often borderline, I struggle to keep 5 to 7 Go free.

C drive should not be filled over 75%.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for seconding my thoughts, Ann. 

I know SSDs don't fragment and you can pack them pretty full. But your programs still need scratch disk and space to open up when doing intensive work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines