Exit

Perforance issues with Adobe Premiere Elements 2018

Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2018 Mar 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Case Number ADB-1328375-H8S6 

Dear  Glenn ,

You contacted us on 3/12/2018 7:23 PM. We have resolved your Performance  issue and are closing case number ADB-1328375-H8S6.

Thank you for contacting Adobe Customer Care.

The performance issue was not resolved.

We talked about downgrading the driver for the video cards in the machine and the conversation was switched to purchasing new software (Adobe premiere 2018 Pro CC). It was suggested by support that sales might give me a discount because of the recent purchase of Adobe premiere Elements 2018 which I am now told cannot handle YouTube video projects. Another bracket, this one for The Master Power Switch in the front Engine Dragster - YouTube

I was switched to sales and put on hold. When sales came on the line they said no way would they give a discount.

So after waiting to talk to support, being redirected to sales, being told that it made no difference about the recent purchases.

I still have the problems with Adobe Premier Elements 2018 not performing. This is after three months of conversations between Adobe, Dell Pro Support, and Nvidia.

Both Dell Pro Support and Nvidia agree (and even Adobe) that the machine and the video board far exceed the HP Adobe specifies as a requirement to run 2018

I sure would like to know what is needed to have 2018 perform as advertised. I am willing to purchase any new or additional hardware to accomplice the simple achievement of having 2018 perform correctly.

Help!

I am to the point of looking at different software. Been a loyal customer of Adobe for years. Tech support seems more interested in sidetracking solving the issue that fixing the problem.

Finger pointing to the PC then the video boards, both of which have proven to far exceed the requirements.

Wish I could bet this software to work, I do not want to have to learn a different package, but looks like I have no choice.

Looking at Corel Video Studio Pro X10

Glenn lever

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glen,

Software frustration is never fun.    A half dozen years ago I wanted to learn video editing and bought Sony Movie Studio because it was on sale.  It would not run, I could not get support and I got very angry.  (Sony has since sold their video software to Magix).

In frustration, I gave up and tried Premiere Elements.  I have gone through several versions, and never had any issues.   By everything I read, it works for thousands around the world.  Still, once in awhile it won't.

Before you give up (if it opens at all), would you try changing the "hardware acceleration" choice in Edit > Preferences > General. 

Where did you buy it?  A refund seems appropriate. 

If nothing will work and you got rotten help from Adobe, switching brands is your best choice.  In other forums where I participate the favorite in the under $100 category is often Cyberlink Power Director.   Please consider taking advantage of trials before spending any more money!

Good luck!

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It opens and runs. It is just buggy and glitchy, freezes at unknow intervals.

I have had several versions of Photoshop.

This is the first video editing I have done. I have learned quit a bit of the software, and it would be a shame to lose that time that has been invested.

Do you want me to uncheck the hardware acceleration?

I have read about Cyberlink Power Director, Corel Video Studio Pro X10 seemed to be rated as a more professional level of software?????

Thanks for taking the time to respond. Would appreciate your opinion on Corel Video Studio Pro X10

I have another suggestion that switching our my hard drives for solid state drives would help???

preferences.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I like your video.  You might enjoy one of mine:  Thursday Night in Lake Havasu on Vimeo

My misunderstanding.  I thought I was reading that you could not get it to run at all! 

There are two things I would like you to try.  Turn off the Hardware Acceleration.  Then look on Preferences > Audio Hardware > Default Input and make it "None".   That one is strange, but a few weeks ago a user found his computer was bogging down looking for audio that was not being used. 

Video editing software ratings are practically useless.  Nobody has the time to understand enough about more than a few of them.  I've used Premiere Elements for several years.  Every time I read a review it is full of flaws!  Except for a failed attempt with a Sony product, I have no knowledge of any other editing program.   If you are shopping, they are all good at all the basic tasks.  The trick is only to find one that works on your computer. 

Nowhere above is a description of your computer.  For any video editing software you need a pretty good computer.  Mine is a laptop and has an i7 CPU, 16GB of RAM, a SSD and a fast HDD.  I bought it for video editing and spent extra $$ to be sure it worked well.

I can attempt a rough analysis if you provide the details of your computer specifications, camera and video clip characteristics.

Is that you in the video?

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, yes that is me in the video.

Adobe support told me that that video was to complicated for Adobe Premiere Elements 2018 and that I should purchase Adobe Premier Pro CC to make video projects of that complexity. To me that video was pretty basic. It did have two cameras.

I do do narration, if i follow this suggestion, Preferences > Audio Hardware > Default Input and make it "None" will I still be able to use my mike?

I will be working on a video tomorrow night and will turn the Hardware Acceleration off.

The build sheet for the computer is quite long. Before I copy and past let me say I have two video boards and four monitors (when running adobe I shut down all other applications and turn off three of the monitors). The boards are Nvidia Quarto K620. Dell pro support  says the machine should be more than enough to run Adobe, Nvidia says the boards far exceed what adobe wants.

Here is the build sheet for the computer

Page one

Dell T5810 Page 001.jpg

Dell T5810 Build sheet page 2

Dell T5810 Build sheet Page 2.jpg

Dell T5810 build sheet page 3

Dell T5810 Build sheet Page 3.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot...

I have friends that live in Lake Havasu

If you liked the video take a look at my YouTube Channel.

ThrottleStopRacing - YouTube

The name is misleading, there is a long story behind it, I do not throttle stop race, I index race.

Glenn lever

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a picture of his car at the Car show at Havasu Fitness last month

28951484_800097130185697_9185274861850561006_n.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

glennl52077132  wrote

I sure would like to know what is needed to have 2018 perform as advertised. I am willing to purchase any new or additional hardware to accomplice the simple achievement of having 2018 perform correctly.

I too, am sorry you are having such a problem.

Did you ask to have Adobe support elevate your case to the next level?

What are the complete computer specs, including hard drives, (how many, what kind, what is on each, and how full)?

What are your media properties, including file type and codec?

Where is your media from?

Please use the free MediaInfo and post a screenshot the properties of your media in tree view:

MediaInfo

If you could please post the above information, if it does in fact meet the practical requirements, I will request that an Adobe employee that participates on this forum can cut through the mess and red tape for you and hopefully find a solution for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not see this before posting the system build sheet.

What are the complete computer specs, including hard drives, (how many, what kind, what is on each, and how full)?

Please see the post above for the system build sheet

What are your media properties, including file type and codec?

Not sure how to answer this, I am using to Camcorder (Panasonic HC-V770) to shot the videos (1080 MP4 50M????)

Where is your media from? Camcorder (Panasonic HC-V770)

Glenn Lever

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 15, 2018 Mar 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't see what processor was listed.

Could you please just summarize the specs for me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dell T5810 Build sheet Page 3.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  I guess I must need new glasses.

Although it is only a quad core processor, it should still run Premiere Elements well.

I'm going to see if I can get your case escalated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I run task manager and monitor the CPU it seems like there are 8 processors?

Processors.jpg

Weather it is 4 or 8 the software is buggy, the video does not scroll evenly, The "viewing" screen will go black, but the audio continues to play. If this happens I can save what I have done close and then open it back up and everything is there and will work for a period of time. Occasionally I get a message that says Adobe has encountered a problem and needs to close, and everything is lost up to the last save that I have done. There will be nothing in the auto-save file. If I use the most up to date video drive this is much worse, Nvidia provided me with a downgraded driver that works slightly better. The Nvidia says the boards I have exceed what adobe wants and the boards adobe list was obsolete.

I have two of these in the machine.

nvidia.jpg

The situation I have is Nvidia point it's finger at Adobe, Dell saying it will not support software questions, but the machine should run the software, and adobe first pointing its finger at the machine, then at the video board, then saying Adobe Preimer Elements 2018 was not meant to produce YouTube video and that I should purchase Adobe Premier Pro CC. When asked it it would run on this machine they say it should, but you have a 14 day trail so give it a try, When asked how that return works they said I would have to talk to sales on that. They then sent an e-mail saying they had resolved my performance issue.

Adobe Case Number ADB-1328375-H8S6 

Dear Glenn ,

You contacted us on 3/12/2018 7:23 PM. We have resolved your Performance issue and are closing case number ADB-1328375-H8S6.

Thank you for contacting Adobe Customer Care.

Visit Adobe Support to find more self-help, troubleshooting, and learning resources.

Adobe Customer Care. Go to your account.

To review your case history or reopen the case, log in to your Adobe ID Account page. If you have difficulties logging in, consult the Adobe ID and Membership FAQ.

Note: This email address cannot receive messages. Please do not reply to this email. For a list of support phone numbers, please visit our Contact Page.

Follow Adobe on Twitter, Facebook and the Adobe Forums.

Adobe, the Adobe logo, Adobe Marketing Cloud, and the Adobe Marketing Cloud logo are either registered trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries. © 2017 Adobe Systems Incorporated. All rights reserved. To manage your email subscription settings, click here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It shows 8 threads because it is quad core with hyperthreading.  That means each core can run two threads, thus 8 processors show.

I have a hex core and I have 12 processors showing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I am not a computer guy, I did not know, but it still should work correct?

Got Dell Pro support to take another look and found this.

adobe crash.jpg

adobe crsh 001.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. Premiere Elements should work on that system.

I've put in a request to an Adobe employee to have another look at your case to see if it can be elevated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That would be nice I do not want to learn a new piece of software or buy more parts on "it might work".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2018 Mar 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any news?

Problem is still not resolved.

I was just working in Adobe, and the typical scenario happened.

It was working fine,

I moved the pointer on the time line,

What was playing on the preview monitor was a different video clip than where the pointer on the timeline was at,

I moved the pointer again and the preview screen went black but the audio continued to play

I did a screen print of the process monitor,

The software did allow me to save my changes and it did that correctly,

Shut the software down and restarted it and I was right back to where I was and changes had been saved.

It would not paste into paint to provide a picture, both CPU and memory was high but not pegged, video boards showed hardy any activity

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 17, 2018 Mar 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The response that I got was that a staff member agreed to look into your case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will they call me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Usually she will respond in the thread or send you a Private Message on the forum.  Check your  inbox.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I poked around a  little could not find a mail box, I have seen no posts here from Adobe. I did find a place to create an avatar, which I did and it says pending. I also uploaded a picture into my profile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 18, 2018 Mar 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

glennl52077132  wrote

I poked around a  little could not find a mail box, I have seen no posts here from Adobe.

click inbox.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 18, 2018 Mar 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, no notifications here, and the only mail is a notification that my avatar is approved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines