Exit

Perforance issues with Adobe Premiere Elements 2018

Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2018 Mar 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Case Number ADB-1328375-H8S6 

Dear  Glenn ,

You contacted us on 3/12/2018 7:23 PM. We have resolved your Performance  issue and are closing case number ADB-1328375-H8S6.

Thank you for contacting Adobe Customer Care.

The performance issue was not resolved.

We talked about downgrading the driver for the video cards in the machine and the conversation was switched to purchasing new software (Adobe premiere 2018 Pro CC). It was suggested by support that sales might give me a discount because of the recent purchase of Adobe premiere Elements 2018 which I am now told cannot handle YouTube video projects. Another bracket, this one for The Master Power Switch in the front Engine Dragster - YouTube

I was switched to sales and put on hold. When sales came on the line they said no way would they give a discount.

So after waiting to talk to support, being redirected to sales, being told that it made no difference about the recent purchases.

I still have the problems with Adobe Premier Elements 2018 not performing. This is after three months of conversations between Adobe, Dell Pro Support, and Nvidia.

Both Dell Pro Support and Nvidia agree (and even Adobe) that the machine and the video board far exceed the HP Adobe specifies as a requirement to run 2018

I sure would like to know what is needed to have 2018 perform as advertised. I am willing to purchase any new or additional hardware to accomplice the simple achievement of having 2018 perform correctly.

Help!

I am to the point of looking at different software. Been a loyal customer of Adobe for years. Tech support seems more interested in sidetracking solving the issue that fixing the problem.

Finger pointing to the PC then the video boards, both of which have proven to far exceed the requirements.

Wish I could bet this software to work, I do not want to have to learn a different package, but looks like I have no choice.

Looking at Corel Video Studio Pro X10

Glenn lever

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 18, 2018 Mar 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you don't get a response in a couple of days, I will follow up on my request.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 18, 2018 Mar 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, really getting close to buying something different as using this software is a trail, having to close and open it again multiple times in a setting.

I got a notice that my avatar was approved, but it has not shown up yet beside my posts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 20, 2018 Mar 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No ideas on the avatar?

I have received and e-mail from Adobe asking the best time to call.

I have responded.

I am retired, so am around most of the time.

How much lead time do you need for an appointment, and what time zone are you in so that I do not ask for a call back at a time you are not available?

Software boots up fine, problems start after using the software for a period of time;

When editing, moving clips around, or moving the point across the timeline;

Pretty much in this order;

The display will get jerky,

Audio will then start playing for the last clip displayed and not the clip shown in the viewing window,

The pause play button will start to function incorrectly,

regardless of where the pointer is will just repeat the same audio.

Then

The viewing port will go to black.

Sometimes if I wait long enough a video will reappear, but not play correctly

I can save at this point and it saves all work correctly

I exist the program and reenter and everything works correctly again.

It was suggested in the forum to turn off (uncheck) the hardware acceleration, this has not made any difference.

I have had several different people and a paid consulate look at the machine configuration and all say this is a beast of a machine and should be able to run this software.

Dell has sent this message after remoting in to my computer.

Part of the issue is that Adobe is pulling more system resources than their requirements on the site lists. We frequently see it use more than 4GB of memory and far more processing than a 2Ghz processor would output. Now granted, dynamic resource usage is expected with a program like this, but Adobe doesn’t list any type of formula for calculating resources needed. Without knowing that we can’t make a recommendation on what to buy. We don’t want to waste your time or money.  It just feels like any number we throw out will be a guess though.

I don’t know if it’s possible but you could explore with Adobe the possibility of providing the files(or file size and type) and seeing if Adobe can tell you what the requirements to process those files will be or if there is a maximum system requirements listing.  At least at that point you would know what the high end is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So got a call from adobe.

the guy essentially said 2018 is having a problem with Nvidia's driver's

fixes, down grade the driver's (Nvidia says there are not any).

Move to Pro CC

When asked specific question on Pro CC support guy said he does not work with Pro CC, but would gladly switch me over to Pro CC

States only 20% of element knowledge transfers to Pro

Down loaded Pro trial, spent 15 minute trying to understand just how to import data into Pro.

There is zero transfer of knowledge, I would be starting from scratch on a recommendation of  a person who has never work with Pro

Conclusion, if I am starting over on a recommendation form someone that does not work with the recommended solution. I can just as easy start over from scratch with some other parties piece of software. The place to start would be to call that parties support and see if there is support as there certainly is no support with adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro is not the answer for your problem, as your computer is not powerful enough to comfortably run Premiere Pro CC.

I'm truly sorry that you could not find a satisfactory solution for your problem.

I hope you find a way to continue your editing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glen,

My preference is that something easy would fix this.  That is not happening. 

Over the years, Nvidia drivers have caused issues.  Nvidia changes drivers relatively often due (I think) to video games.  They provide software for managing drivers.  It is not hard to use and you can put older drivers back on you computer unless you are trying to play fresh video games.  I don't think they are good at phone support either.

It is possible that your computer may have trouble with other video software too.  It is a pain, but do trials first before you buy.

Regarding good support, it may not exist anywhere!  The problem is universal with most low priced software.

The revenue flowing back to the company does not fund hands on, real time support!  I think that is why there are forums like this.  

Regarding other software, I first have to say I like Premiere Elements a lot and it works very well for me.  If it stopped working and I couldn't fix it, my first alternate would be Cyberlink Power Director.  Next it would be one of the Magix programs.  No, I've never used any of them because what I have works so well. Premiere Pro is not a good choice for amateurs that don't edit full time.  It costs $20 every month minimum and is unnecessarily complex.

Good luck with all your projects!

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so, interesting.

my computer is to big for elements and to small for pro

Nvidia is not right for either

I have to say after trying pro for several hours now I hate it.

I really like elements, but cannot make it work, nor can adobe, or dell or nvidia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been playing with Pro all night, hours, I can import and export (finding correct settings for importing from a camcorder was impossible), my camcorder is set to 1080MP4 50M what ever that is, could not find fps, under AVCHD I have a choice of 60P or 60i. I am not using AVCHD but MP4/iframe which produces the separate clips. Those files are imported seemingly correctly. The exporting options seem relatively simple to get from YouTube and there seems to be general consequences you use H264, with some custom setting (high bit rate, using the option to use source setting it picked FPS of 59.5)

In all the time I was playing with clips (I do not understand the editing yet, just moved stuff at random) the software operated seamlessly, none of the glitches encountered in elements.

Truly hard to understand why a more complex piece of software will work and a more basic piece has problems. The only time cpu usage approached 80% was when I was rendering. during normal operation it stayed around 25% and memory was at 50%

i have a headache, I do not like the way the video is separated from the audio, the visual presentation of the data with the black background is hard to see. I can shrink down the preview of the media, and the media lists to approach the same presentation as elements but the colors of the video and audio lines are hard to take.

I particularly do not like the idea of a monthly charge, there is the option of a yearly charge, but it is a reoccurring charge just the same.

The idea that this machine was not big enough to run the software is incorrect. I had no lags, or indications in the preference window that the machine was taxed. I can get four more memory sticks (the option is 4 or 8 Gb each but dell does not recommend mixing and I have 4 - 4's now so following dell recommendations I can take the machine to 32 Gb memory

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure where to look this up.  But, iframe is a Apple thing that Premiere Elements may be poorly equipped to handle.  I think it was related to making iMovie work better.

Two (more) guesses that might make Premiere Elements run right. 

First, downloading an installing Apple's Quicktime may provide the codec Premiere Elements can use to run smoothly.   A version or two ago, Adobe required it.  No, not so much, but sometimes it may still be needed.

Second, would you try some different camera settings?  Something that isn't iFrame.   I don't know your camera brand, but a universal standard lately has be 1920x1080p60 in an MP4. 

What is the camera and what are the setting choices?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Camera is a Panasonic HC-v770

Record format is either MP4/iFrame or AVCHD

under record mode MP4/iFrame

i have two choices MP4 or Iframe

under MP4 is;

1080 MP4 50m which is what I have been using, if i click that a message appears MP4 1080/60P recording mode is suitable for editing on a PC

1080 MP4 28M which has no message pop up and

720 MP4

Under iFrame there is no selection

Quick time is installed

in Pro if I click on the properties of the imported file I get

2018_132304.mp4

Type: MPEG Movie

File Size: 3.61 GB

Image Size: 1920 x 1080

Frame Rate: 59.94

Source Audio Format: 48000 Hz - compressed - Stereo

Project Audio Format: 48000 Hz - 32 bit floating point - Stereo

Total Duration: 00:11:25:00

Pixel Aspect Ratio: 1.0

VR Projection: None

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 21, 2018 Mar 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar but older Panasonic, the SDT-750.  I record in AVCHD at the highest 1080p60 quality.  It edits smoothly in Premiere Elements.  I'm still guessing, but it may work for you too.  I know nothing about iFrame. 

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not using the ifame option, I might try AVCHD but that is just another learning curve at the moment.

I currently have the camera set to 1080 MP4 50m I do not know what the 50m stands for, if i click that a message appears MP4 1080/60P recording mode is suitable for editing on a PC

I appreciate the help.

Had an interesting call from adobe this morning. The same guy that I talked with yesterday called me back. He wanted to dial in to the machine again and get the particulars on the the video boards (yes I have two, each supports two monitors so I have a total of four)

The engineering section of adobe wanted them so that they could get in touch with Nvidia to see if they could get the drivers corrected to work with adobe. seems I am not the only one having this problem.

This may be why they were so quick to come up with the Pro solution, in that it has been recommended before (and possibly work in those cases as well).

So my plan is to use elements when I am in a time crunch, but if I have some time will try to struggle though the learning curve on Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not been really happy with the quality of  the video out of the camera, I am learning on that as well. I first started YouTube two months ago.

This is the latest attempt. How to Assemble AN Fittings on Braided Hose - YouTube  Lighting is a problem in the shop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

50 m stand for megabits per second.  Current cameras range from about 35 to 100.   50 is very good. 

I too am beginning a learning curve with Premiere Pro, but just for brain exercise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The biggest dislike I have of pro is the organization of the media in the time line. why would you want to separate the audio and the video of the second clip?

I am struggling with time, I see having to learn new software as a real hindrance in my work flow at the moment. I am trying to get the dragster ready for the new season and the first race is 5 weeks away

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have had Pro now for 14 days and have canceled the subscription.

It is an excellent product, and ran perfectly on my computer.

It was just to complicated for what I am doing.

I have come to really like the features in elements.

The engineers at adobe have called and asked for my system configuration, brand of the camera and file format I am shooting in, and a sample video file.

They say they are working with Nvidia to try and come up with a driver that will work. I must not be the only person having problems.

I'm not sure if a solution will be found and if it is if I wold be notified to download a new driver from Nvidia.

For now I will continue to use the buggy performance I have with Elements.

I did add three more 4GB memory sticks (ordered four, but one was incorrect). Currently have 28GB of memory installed and that seems to have helped a little (way more that the min. adobe says you need).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines