• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photo Albums and Email

Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2019 Jul 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently converted from APE9 (APE9) to Adobe Premiere Video 19 (APV19).  With APE9, I could create a 10-40 image PDF album and forward via Email as an attachment.  The attached had to be smaller than 20MB to allow sending.  I recently created my first 40 image slide show with APV19.  Unfortunately, the smallest size file I could create, with adequate resolution, was greater than 100MB.

Does APV19 have a setting for creating a smaller file size or compression to allow sending with  Email.  I Am using Adobe Photoshop Elements 15 for editing.  Can't say I like the way this software package AUTOs any creation.  APE9 was a good all around, user friendly without dumbsizing, for a photo hobbyist.

Appreciate any advice provided.

Roger

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm going to move this to the Premiere Elements forum where you may get more informed help.

But what settings did you use to export the slideshow?  Video files are generally not conducive to sending via email because of their size.  While it is possible to reduce the size of the file, you will be doing so at the expense of quality. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Premiere Elements 9 does what you want, stick with it!  But, it is really old.  I am not aware of methods in newer versions to create PDF slide shows. 

That said, using the "advanced" tab, you can force the compression to a very high level with low visual quality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 21, 2019 Jul 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Bill is right. The PDF slideshow feature has remained unchanged over the years.

However, the Organizer's slideshow creator has been much improved in the last few versions. It produces an MP4.

In  any event, I don't recommend sending either as an e-mail attachment. Not if it's got 40 slides in it! That's just not how it's designed to be used. Besides, many e-mail servers will reject an attachment that large since it bogs down the server and can choke your e-mail!

Much wiser to upload the MP4 to YouTube or Vimeo and then e-mail a link to it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines