• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Elements 14 won't launch the Video editor, Photoshop (photo editing) works

New Here ,
Mar 25, 2020 Mar 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to launch the video editor, I get the busy dialog for a couple of seconds and nothing

I found the information to edit the debug database text file which says to change the value from false to true, but the line in the txt file (ds force cpu only) isn't even there.

TOPICS
Crash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have Premiere Elements installed?  It is a separate program and not launched from within Photoshop Elements.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, both Photoshop elements, and Premiere are installed. I don’t use the video editing very often, but it used to work great. Now, that I am stuck at home, I decided to work on some old video files, and of course it doesn’t load.

I found the article to edit the text in the debug database file but the line to edit isn't there. (DS Force CPU only false false)

Maybe a Windows 10 update broke something

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try changing your graphics driver to current.  If that doesn't work, try changing it to an old one that was current when version 14 was current.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines