• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Elements 2018 and Premiere will not play videos or slide shows!

New Here ,
Apr 16, 2020 Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I have extensively organized photos and videos using these programs, and also created several slide shows.  These videos used to playback just fine on my Asus laptop with the fastest Intel processor available in 2017, plust a Nvidea GEforce 950m graphics processor with 4gb of videoRAM.  Also 16gb ddr RAM.  Now, nothing but freezes and crashes with no video playback, or slideshow previews or playback!  I have already checked and changed the settings that should have cured this problem, and Adobe Tech support went on my PC for 3 hours trying to fix this, to no avail!  Other programs including VLC media player, and Pinnacle Studio playback and edit videos just fine, but this program will not work!  The latest Windows 10 is installed! All seems it's good for now is organizing my photos!  Any suggestions on getting this program to work?  Would a complete re-install solve the problem, after I backup the catolog?

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved this from the poorly named Community Help forum (which is the forum for issues using the forums) to the Premiere Elements forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2020 Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which program are you trying to play what on?

Photoshop Elements is a photo editing program. Premiere Elements is a video editor. The Elements Organizer is a media management program that also builds slideshows and other media files.

If you are saying that as soon as you add a video or a couple of photos to a Premiere Elements project everything locks up and crashes, something is definitely wrong.

If your problems only happen at a given point, how many photos and videos have you added when this happens?

Also, what is the source of your videos? What device recorded the videos and in what format?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both  programs load photos and videos.  Both programs will not playback videos.  They both start processing the video and produce a freeze frame, but no playback. It doesn't matter what video format is in the catalog, it will not playback anything!  Slide shows that were created earlier in the program will process to the video screen, but will not playback, and when I hit play will freeze up the program!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try updating or rolling back your graphics driver directly from the video card manufacturer’s site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated to latest nvidia driver.  No change.  Rolled back the driver. No change.  Program will either display a freeze frame of the video which will not play, or display the message "preparing for playback" which never happens!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 18, 2020 Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you'll provide the details I asked for we can help you troubleshoot your issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2020 Apr 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In answer to your questions:
1. Elements Organizer 2018. I have both Adobe Photoshop  Elements and Premiere Elements.
2. All videos regardless of format will not play, just a freeze frame! All slide shows do not play back! just a freeze frame! No problems with photos.
3. Too many devices to mention! All videos regardless of the format do not play!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still looking for an answer to this problem!  I have answered all of the questions posed by a community member, and have not received any answer to my problem.  I can post additional information as needed. Anyone else have this problem?   Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure would like to help but you wrote, "Adobe Tech support went on my PC for 3 hours trying to fix this..."

As a user I don't know what to ask if they couldn't figure it out.  Maybe a suggestion....   Focus on how the videos were created and post that part first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstall and reinstall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstalling and reinstalling can be tricky if the install files weren't saved.  And, I don't know how to find out if the additional online files for transitions, music, etc are still there for a version older than 2 years.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was able to solve the issue (thanks to Youtube). I had to allow the desktop apps to access my microphone, then go to Edit > Preferences > Audio Hardware and make sure the Default Input & Deafult Output were working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines