Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pixel in the preview, after Pre-Rendering

Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2018 Sep 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone!

I've been getting the full version of Premiere Elements since yesterday.

I can insert videos and play them normally in the preview, without any problems, but as soon as I pre-render a video, it is completely pixeled in the preview, so I can't see anything, especially font.

When you publish, however, it renders normally, it is difficult to edit like this

(Background story: I already had the test version once, everything worked perfectly, now I reinstalled windows after a long time and bought the full version and unfortunately I have this error.

I have already reinstalled Adobe Premiere several times.)

I hope you can see the difference on the pictures, otherwise I'd like to upload more.

Problem.PNGNo Problem.PNG

I hope you have a great day, Lukas

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 22, 2018 Sep 22, 2018

You can try running the video through the free video converter Handbrake, which will turn it into an editable MP4. Though I don't know if you want to make that a regular part of your workflow.

But as I said, the marriage between Shadowplay video and Premiere Elements will not be a happy one.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, remember that a rendered preview is only a preview. It is not high quality, so it may not look as good as your final movie.

But that said, what can you tell us about the video you have added to the timeline? the orange line above it along the top of the timeline indicates that it does not match your project's settings.

What model of camcorder is this video coming from? What is the video's resolution and format?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I know that, but the not-rendered preview looks a lot better than the rendered one and that's not right either, or am I wrong? At least it was normal with the trial version.

The Video, is just a normal test-gameplay video

The video is just a test shot of a game (Arma 3).

As a recording program I use Geforce Experience/Shadowplay.

Resolution: 1680x1050

bit rate: 25Mbps

FPS: 30

(It should be almost exactly the same settings as in the trial version, where everything worked fine)

Here is a video, which I played without rendered preview.

Then with rendered preview.

(Ps. on youtube it seems to be a little bit better than it actually is)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The program will not be able to match those non-standard, non-camcorder specs. Because of that your video is going to look compromised.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your quick answer!

But what does that mean?

I made a short 1080P recording and tested it, but unfortunately I didn't change anything.

Is there anything I can do about it?

Or do I have to get a new display?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 22, 2018 Sep 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can try running the video through the free video converter Handbrake, which will turn it into an editable MP4. Though I don't know if you want to make that a regular part of your workflow.

But as I said, the marriage between Shadowplay video and Premiere Elements will not be a happy one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 22, 2018 Sep 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay, I'll try it out, thank you for all the quick answers.

Have a nice day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines