• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

play button not working

New Here ,
Jun 22, 2018 Jun 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ran across this with 2015 version and now the 2018 version.  When I click on the play button (little triangle), nothing (also tried the space bar).  I can grab the progress bar and manually move the cursor, but cannot play a video.  Probably a computer problem, but I'm at a loss.  Other video editing programs do work.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is not normal for most, but it does pop up!

I googled "premiere elements play button" and several things pop up. 

To start, try looking at the Audio Hardware selection in preferences and experiment with changes to it.

If that does not work, there are references to changing a folder name. Get to C:\Users\*user name*\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Premiere Elements and change the folder 18.0 to 18.0_old.  When you open PrE next it will rebuild the settings there. 

Another is to try resetting the settings.  Hold down the Alt key or the Shift+Alt and start PrE. 

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately none of the above worked.  I did notice that the button to advance frame to frame did work, as does the go backwards frame by frame button.  Also, I found I do not have a folder called 18.0  I have 8.0, 15.0 and 16.0    I did try doing the renaming trick to all of them, one at a time. No difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

tried a few other things.  Went into the Audio mapping and found the MME file was corrupt. Removed it and rebooted. Came back ok. In 2015 version, changed preferences to show the microphone was removed. 2015 worked just like in the days of old.  Did the same for 2018. Still not working and now, after 3 trys, the program will not close, have to force it closed and reboot. Think I'll try and stay with 2015 version

Thanks for steering me in the right direction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines