• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Poor Still Image Resolution In Premiere Elements 14 Video Project

Explorer ,
Dec 28, 2017 Dec 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a problem with poor resolution in still images that I am including in a Premiere Elements 14 video project. I think I know what is causing it but the fix I tried did not cure it. The current project is exactly the same general concept as the others I've done recently, using video clips and still images from the same cameras with very similar content. The still images included in the first three videos are perfect.

After pulling several new still images into the recent project timeline I was surprised to see very poor resolution on playback. A closer look showed the images are cropped left and right. I pulled in one image from a previous project side by side into the new timeline and it looks perfect. I found the image sizes were different. The current project images with current resolution are 4608px3456p but the sharp image from the prior project are 4608px2592p and it fills the screen perfectly.

So now I think I know why Elements shows cropped images but I don't know how this happened. I tried to resize one image to the optimum 4608px2592p by putting it in Elements editor but that only stretched and distorted the image while the images in original 4608px2592p are perfect. Any idea how this happened and is it possible I can correct these images without distortion?  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jan 02, 2018 Jan 02, 2018

Looks like all is well...

I installed the VLC player and it's a really nice tool... Never heard of it before.

I converted a Elements project from prel to mp4 and viewed it with VLC. The still images look fine so I feel comfortable proceeding with the next projects.

The only really minor issue remaining is the resized images are still cropped left and right even when in full screen mode. Not a big deal and I guess I just have to get the aspect ratio tweaked

My thanks to all... Dialing back up out of

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 02, 2018 Jan 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great news, Anchors! Please mark this question as answered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines