• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Popping Audio Sound Between (some) clips in Elements 15

New Here ,
Oct 05, 2017 Oct 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello guys. Ive have been getting to know Elements 15 for the past week (after previously using Sony Vegas)

I have 2 main issues, but in this topic i would like to talk about and ask why, when i cut my clips and join them together i hear an audio pop between the clips.

Its very frustrating because it happens only on some of the clips, but other portions of the video that i have cut and joined together are fine.

I am using Windows 10 with 12gb ram, 64bit.

The video files are 4k.

I have read some previous posts on this subject which mention codes and upto date versions etc, but surely this cant be the case if half of the transitions are prefect with no 'pop' and the other half are popping. They are popping randomly through the video.

I have tried to retrim the clips and join again to no avail. Really really annoying and cant send out a video in this condition.

Hoping you guys might have a solution. Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 06, 2017 Oct 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would be frustrated too!  I shoot and edit 4K from two Panasonic cameras and don't have any audio pops.  I tend not to apply transitions but will sometimes do fades to black.  I'm using PrE15 and on a PC.

What methods are you using to cut and join?  What transitions are you using?  Is the popping still in the video after you have "Published&Shared" to your final output?

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2017 Oct 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Bill.

I am also using PRE15, and using the Panasonic G7, and Go pro 5 all are shot in 4k.

I am just using the simple cut icon (in the timeline) to cut a clip then snap the next clip in place on the timeline. I am not using any video transitions.

I have found a work around for now, basically im adding an audio transition called constant power to the effected clips, and this seems to be doing a good job of eliminating the pop for now. Ill just monitor it and see if i can find any other explanations.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 07, 2017 Oct 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I could figure out how to make it pop, I would try to help find an solution. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2021 Jan 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If I pause and unpause the player as I go through the video, on some parts it makes a little pop when I pause it and on some parts, it doesn't. It depends on the kind of sound it is playing. There is no treason that pausing the player should create a pop either, but it does. The program that is creating the audio stream is introducing the pop (my guess).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines