• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PR 2020 wont show or import 4k videos from GoPro 7

New Here ,
Feb 07, 2020 Feb 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got Elements a month ago, had NO issues at all adding and editing the 4k files. Recently imported a batch of about 40 videos and 3 of them gave me this error.

Unable to Import Media
Your system needs to be configured to import HEVC or HEIF type of media. Click on 'Learn More' to know how to enable these formats for import.

I followed the instructions and updated the codec, the $.99 one for microsoft. Uninstalled the other HEVC codec as instructed. Deleted the Media common files as instructed. Now no 4k files work. Went back to my original HEVC codec that worked prior, but still can't edit, or see any videos with Premier Elements. Video playback works fine in other applications such as Windows Media Player, GoPro Quik.

I've tried updating everything, Windows, Video Card driver, uninstalling and reinstalling Adobe Elements, Updating PR 2020, and nothing seems to work. This is what I'm running.....

Windows 10 version 10.0.183.63 Build 18363
Processor: Intel i7-7700k CPU@ 4.20 GHZ, 4201 Mhz, 4 Core(s)
Installed Physical Memory 32.0 GB
GeForce GTX 1070

Thanks in advance for your time.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 08, 2020 Feb 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had a similar issue and was able to fix it.  It involves the two Microsoft HEVC codecs conflicting with each other and changing the access permissions for those same codecs.  Essentially they become blocked.  I'm hoping there will be a repair procedure coming in a few days.   In the meantime, try starting a chat session with Adobe.  In the Premiere Elements Help menu is a choice for Online Support.  It takes you to a web page where there is an icon in the lower right corner to initiate the chat.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines