• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pr Ele 13 - Desktop workspace immobile on dual monitors [Win7 pro PC]

New Here ,
Sep 11, 2018 Sep 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Ps & Pr Ele 13 work fine on my Win7 Pro PC with dual Samsung monitors (with current monitor drivers). This PC has internal C: (OS & programs) & D: SSD (video) drives, plus 2-external SSD drives (storage + an Image).       

2. BUT opening Pr Ele 13 or a project, the Pr Workspace cannot be dragged or moved across the monitors (like every other program window including Ps Ele 13's Workspace).

3. My present workaround works:

- - 1st, I drag the Pr/project Workspace to where I want it (which pixelates it and breaks it up);

- - then I open the Task Master (which instantly locates the whole/correct/complete Workspace where I dragged it to.

Pr Ele 13, post- Task Master opening, works just fine importing, editing and outputting. (It also works in-place where it opens on the monitors).

4. A recent clean re-install of Win7 Pro eliminated this problem.  But reinstalling my printer/scanner and other software brings the problem back, which points to a program or application causing this problem. 

5. Disconnecting the 2-external (USB3) SSD drives does not eliminate this problem.

Question:

- - How can I isolate what program/application is 'freezing' my Pr Ele 13's desktop workspace, or

- - How (or where) can I Set my Pr Ele 13 to open at higher operating priority (in the Task Master list of operating programs) so it supercedes what program/application is 'freezing' it).  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know of no way to keep the program from stopping playback when another program takes priority.

You've kind of bumped up against the program's limitations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve, thanks for your response (which shows I didn't explain the problem very well):  Pr Ele 13 (& projects) open and edit just fine.  There's no playback stoppage.  For my 2-monitor display, Pr Ele 13 & projects open into the left-hand monitor just fine, and I can edit-away all-day.

The problem comes when I try to drag the Pr Ele 13 workspace (from the left monitor) to the right monitor where I normal use it (with the left monitor space open for working with other folders & files).  The Pr Ele 13 workspace should 'drag' to relocate it on the desktop just like with any other program's window.  But Pr Ele 13 'freezes' in its original left monitor location, with 'some' of its window area parts pixelating, and dragging to the new location on the Desktop;s right monitor.  The result is the Pr Ele 13 workspace window is 'splintered' all-over the 2-monitors and unusable.

My workaround has become opening the Task Manager.  For some reason that instantly 'fixes' the workspace in its 'dragged-to' location, and I can merrily edit away.  I suspect that the Task Master when opening, interrupts all processes as it opens (and the process that's 'blocking' Pr Ele 13 is interrupted as-well), permitting Pr Ele 13 to then 'finish' its workspace relocation.

Another 'clue' is that a fresh Win7 Pro re-install makes the problem go away.  But once I've re-installed my other programs, like MS Office and my printers/scanners etc, the problem returns.  That's why I suspect a program (or more than one program) 'priority' to be causing this problem (and not a Pr Ele 13 program limitation).

FYI, when Pr Ele 13 is running, the Task Manager window shows 45+ processes listed, with Pr Ele 13.exe right on-top @448,892K.  But about half-way down the list are 2 Pr Ele Live .exe processes, one @131,680K usage.  That's why I'm wondering if in the BIOS or set-up priorities can be set for video processing as 1st priority, then the other programs.

Interestingly, Photoshop Elements 13 does not have this problem.

I hope that clarifys.  Worst-case, I guess, is that I can do another Win7 Pro clean re-install then add-back my programs/applcations one at a time, testing Pr Ele 13 'dragging' each time. [Somehow, I can't believe this problem is unique (and may have occurred on earlier Pr Ele versions.  Will look].

All suggestions welcomed.

Win     

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2018 Oct 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

My work-around is not a 'correct answer'.  The issue remains 'NOT ANSWERED'.

A 2nd work-around discovered isn't 'correct' either: toggle the 'Show desktop' button to the right of the Taskbar's clock/date on PCs.

Since Windows, the graphics card and Win7 all have 'display' options' settings, I suspect the problem's there (and will report progress, particularly if/when a 'correct' solution is found).

w1nf1eld

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines