• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pre 11 no longer starts

Participant ,
Feb 04, 2018 Feb 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been running Pre 11 for several years, mostly uneventful until lately. Was on Win7, then to Win10, then upgraded computer internals, but with same drives etc, main is 250G SSD, scratch is 512G SSD, 8 core 4G proc. 32G RAM, Radeon 7950.

It was working fine, then began stopping, now program won't start at all.  Updated drivers, and quicktime, even uninstalled Pre11 and re-installed - still won't even start!  Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version 11 was released in September of 2012.  As you say, it ran well on Windows 7.  We've been through Windows 8 and now Microsoft has on Windows 10.  Too many internal software parts have changed to expect 6 year old software to work flawlessly. 

That said, have you tried "Run as Administrator"?  For some that have posted here they have had success with that.  Others have found success with creating a new user within Windows.

Good luck!  I hope you can get it to work.  If not, Premiere Elements 2018 works well on Windows 10 machines, including mine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the info, I will try the suggestions but it was working fine on Win10 as well.

I was pondering the upgrade to Pre 18, but my concern is, Will the older projects work in the new version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Older projects will not reliably load in the newer software.  If I understand it right, the use of some "old" features might not be supported in newer versions.  For example, the background music system has changed a lot. 

If you have an ongoing "never finished" project, you can try to open a COPY of it in a newer version.  It may work or it may ruin the project file.  Note that I've not done this. 

A more reliable way would be to use an output file from the old version as new media for the new version in a new project.  It can them be cut, trimmed, split, etc as necessary to accommodate any additions.  

The various versions of Premiere Elements run independently.  You can keep the old (if you can get it running) a long with the new.  Installing the new version does not impact the old version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you again, I am downloading 18 version trial. I'll try it out and then purchase.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines