• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pre Version 19.0 not loading older project versions

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Adobe Premiere Elements projects built from earlier versions of the tool I would like to reopen. Specifically, Versions 4, 7, and 8. I am using Version 19. When I try to load these older versions, I get "This project is not compatible with current version of Premiere elements". I have a fair number of these older projects (25) as I have been using the tool and upgrading over the years. How can I open these and convert them to the version 19?

TOPICS
Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Elements is not backwards compatible. You can not open projects created in older versions of the program with new versions of the program. Attempting to can, in fact, corrupt the file completely.

You should always finish your Premiere Elements project in the same version it was started.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the feedback.  I do use the same version of the tool to complete projects.  In this case, I have older projects (circa 2008) I need to produce different different video format outputs, so I wanted to open and export instead of recreating.

Just Fyi, i have been able to do this successfully with version 9 and later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Older project versions are not supported in Premiere Elements. However usually last 2-3 versions' project open without any problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you both for the feedback.  Also, I thought I was ok with versions 9 and later when in fact, when I viewed the remade videos there were some issues.

So I am going to remake the videos.  Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines