• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PRE15 DVDs won't play properly

New Here ,
Aug 28, 2017 Aug 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, have used previous versions successfully but have PRE15 now. 60 minute project with menu. Burnt BluRays fine. Problem is when burning DVD's.  Project is 1920x1080. Only choice for HD now seems to be AVCHD. File type on DVD is now m2ts but in previous versions was vob (VLC media) - DVD's burnt won't play in our BLURAY player which has played all previous years DVD's and the TEAC player we have which plays DVD's made on previous versions doesn't even recognize the DVD.

What am I missing? Are there more choices for burning to DVD with a menu somewhere that I haven't found?

Project was created in PAL but I also want to be able to burn DVD's and BluRays in NTSC (which we used to be able to do really easily).

Please help before my marriage collapses.

cheers,

Jane

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 28, 2017 Aug 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The option to burn an AVCHD disc will produce a BluRay, not a DVD -- even though you are burning the files to a DVD disc. That's why AVCHD discs won't play in a DVD player .,.. and won't even play in all BluRay players.

DVDs are not high-def. They are 720x480 standard definition. You can't create a high-def DVD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines