Highlighted

PRE2018 - $70 - where is the 30% off in Adobe Store - can I charge in US$?

Participant ,
Nov 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Looked in curiosity what price for upgrade to PRE2018 would be.

Site tell $70 - but looking at exchange rate to SEK 795 - this is horrible?

This is plus VAT 25% after that.

Exhange rate is 8.45 SEK each US$ now, a week ago it was below 8.00 SEK.

What you get in store is paying 11.35 SEK each US$.

Even looking upgrade license 652 SEK this is 10% above exhange rate.

Seems to me the 30% off does not come into Adobe Store???

Is there a way to see charge in US$ in store - and actually charge in US$ and let my bank FOREX exchange that on my Visa?

Looks like 25% VAT is added twice or something.

Take full license 795 kr + VAT 198.75=993.75

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

PRE2018 - $70 - where is the 30% off in Adobe Store - can I charge in US$?

Participant ,
Nov 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Looked in curiosity what price for upgrade to PRE2018 would be.

Site tell $70 - but looking at exchange rate to SEK 795 - this is horrible?

This is plus VAT 25% after that.

Exhange rate is 8.45 SEK each US$ now, a week ago it was below 8.00 SEK.

What you get in store is paying 11.35 SEK each US$.

Even looking upgrade license 652 SEK this is 10% above exhange rate.

Seems to me the 30% off does not come into Adobe Store???

Is there a way to see charge in US$ in store - and actually charge in US$ and let my bank FOREX exchange that on my Visa?

Looks like 25% VAT is added twice or something.

Take full license 795 kr + VAT 198.75=993.75

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 03, 2017 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a user to user forum and stays focused on using Premiere Elements.  None of the usual participants have anything to do with Adobe marketing or strategy.

My personal experience is that once or twice a year Premiere Elements will go on a promotional sale at one of the online retailers for less than the "upgrade" price offered by Adobe. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 04, 2017 0
Nov 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can only buy Adobe product in your country of residence.

You cannot pay in dollars, has to be Krona.

Try Amazon UK they often have sales.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 04, 2017 0
Participant ,
Nov 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks all.

Chat support told me this is for US, Canada and Mexico only - then site shouls say so I think.

You are logged in with your Adobe ID which is worldwide, and go to worldwide Adobe store - and not all get the same discounts for a download product from the same worldwide Adobe servers?

Kind of insulting even.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 05, 2017 0
Nov 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately not, if you want to buy you need to set the site to your own region.

(at the bottom of the page: change region).

Everybody outside the usa suffers the same that is not just Elements goes for Cloud apps too, It all has to do with taxes.

Check out Amazon they usually have better deals then Adobe does.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 05, 2017 0
Participant ,
Nov 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.

VAT is all over, and that is added - that is ok.

If that extra 30% I could purchase - even though I didn't use PRE15 last 9 months - but not otherwise.

Learning it all still - but just find PowerDirector so much better product.

But have not done critical analysis of final video quality yet, which could turn it around.

I have some eBooks with EPUB Adobe encryption on Adobe ID, don't want to jeapardize fiddling with regions if that might influence something. Don't know i card credentials also create mismatch.

Cloud stuff does not fit my own needs at all - if Premiere Pro were regular license I would go for that - knowing it's good.

To subscribe and just do video editing part of year - it becomes stressful.

And I am never online while doing that kind of work either.

I usually do video editing and music score time of year when outdoor is not so nice.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 05, 2017 0
Nov 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If PrE 15 is working for you, stick with it.  There are not enough new features in 2018 to justify the purchase.   There are some incremental additions, but none are fundamental.  

PowerDirector has a good reputation.  But if you've learned PrE 15, why invest the time to learn a new editing system unless there is a specific needed tool?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 05, 2017 0
Participant ,
Nov 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.

If extra 30% off I thought be worth it having a maintained product current - since I did not discard it yet.

What I could see not any undock or dual monitor preview windows was added to 2018 edition - so maybe nothing new I hoped for.

I started using PowerDirector in february, and almost abandoned PRE15 since then. Did some comparisons doing disk menu in PRE and similar and could not do directly to memory stick - so just discovered more and more missing in PRE15. I had to write to optical media and had lots of problem with DVD-RW disks doing that too.

That's another thing I might had hoped for - writing complete AVCHD disks directly to solid state media.

But saw nothing of that either in PRE2018.  Easy piecy in PowerDirector. USB thumb drives or SD cards never fail like optical drives do. I destroyed over 20 DVD-RW disks trying to use in PRE15 - something really weird about it. I used DVD-RW disks almost daily with a DVD recorder for 10 years and never had such issues. Might be a Windows problem, not sure(had a thread here last spring).

So hardly worth spending regular upgrade price on PRE2018 - still missing those two important parts.

So still have to evaluate PRE15 and quality of effects and final rendered video - and watch further development.

Corel has two products too, Pinnacle and Movie Studio, but they did not drop quicktime requirement at the time - so never were an option last year.

Cyberlink has really good support as well, they really follow through with bugs you report and gave good workarounds, so something Adobe maybe should look into. You feel a bit abandoned by Adobe.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 05, 2017 0