• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PreE 2021 (Win) Timeline Marker questions

Contributor ,
Apr 17, 2021 Apr 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm struggling to make Timeline Markers useful to me.

Problem 1: after adding some timeline markers to flag places where I want to go back in and add titles, special effects, etc., I stretched a clip at the beginning of the timeline. NONE of the succeeding markers shifted by the amount of time I added. Is this how these are supposed to work? So, if I delete or add a clip, stretch a clip, whatever, all my previous timeline markers later in the timeline now point somewhere I don't want them to? This makes sense why? Luckily, sorta, PrE crashed while I was still trying to adjust all of these mangled markers so I lost all the bad locations. (And some effects I'd created that were part of the stretch and stuff that screwed them all up. Sigh.)

Question 2: There is a "Duration" showing in the Timeline Marker dialog box and the Adobe Help topics suggest this can be adjusted (what? nothing shows there besides the word "Duration"...) to create a marker that runs over multiple frames. Help also seems to hint that the right side of the marker will show duration/can be dragged to give the marker a duration. I'm finding no such capability/depiction. How do you create a Timeline Marker with a duration?

TOPICS
User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 18, 2021 Apr 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't believe these are features of Premiere Elements. Premiere Elements' timeline markers have a very limited function and functionality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 18, 2021 Apr 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, moving the marker as the timeline has preceding time additions/deletions seems foundational to even having a timeline marker feature.

And the only Adobe resource suggests that Duration has a more than one frame capability.

Screenshot 2021-04-18 043858.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines