• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Preferences - GPU acceleration

New Here ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm using a new computer with an Intel i7-10700K, which comes with integrated graphics (Intel UHD 630 Graphics) and Premiere Elements.

According to Adobe's supported GPU web page, the Intel 630 Graphics are supported under Elements.

My problem is that these Intel UHD 630 Graphics do not appear under the option "Preferences - GPU acceleration". Is there a workaround for this?.

I would also like to know if I buy a Nvidia Geforce 1030 2GB fanless, I would notice any improvement in performance. I know that this GPU is not listed in the compatibility list for GPU.

Best regards.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FWIW, Premiere Elements doesn't use GPU acceleration. It won't run faster or render more quickly with a good GPU. 

Premiere Elements has a GPU enhanced timeline -- which means that it soft renders a number of effects and transitions more effectively.

That said, go to the Intel site and ensure you have the latest drivers for your GPU. Don't trust Windows to install them. Do that and then reboot and you should be all set.

Meantime, here's information on that new GPU enhanced timeline. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 13, 2021 Feb 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much Steve.

I already downloaded and installed from Intel's site the corresponding driver for the integrated graphics, but it still doesn´t show up in the preferences window.

Maybe I'll try again...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

afbeelding.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for you answer, I will check with this information.

If I buy a Geforce GT 1030 2GB DDR5 fanless card, would it be supported under the GPU accelerated effects and transitions?. I have seen this model is not included in the recommended Nvidia cards for Premiere Elements.

This would clarify me if I can purchase this GPU. I'm after a silent card, because I need to record audio and have to avoid fan noise.

Thank you. With best regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot say which card will be accepted and which one not.

GT 1030 2GB DDR5: I am not a hardware expert but this seems a waist of money. You need one that is in balance with the cpu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I´m right, the GPU enhanced timeline is supported in Premiere Elements 2021 version and not in 2020 version.

https://www.adobe.com/es/products/premiere-elements/buying-guide.html

My version is 2020, so I should upgrade to 2021 to have the GPU enhaced timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My version is 2020,

By @Metheny75

I assumed you were using most current version....

Help, articles etc op Adobe site always refer to the latest (in this case 2021) version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

a wild intel appears where only amd and nvidia do oh nooo

Screenshot 2021-02-13 063906.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am lost........

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This tool cannot use the top end of the line GPUs from Nvidia . I have an RTX 2080 super and everything is rendered using CPU . Expect to have at least 16 cores CPU @ 5 Ghz to have an usable experience... even if you have that , if you use Moments AI enhanced parsing , it will take at least 20 minutes on high end desktop cpus for 1 Hour 1080p 30 FPS video... not pleasant

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some reference

2 Hour 1080P video at 30 FPS , 1.5 Mbs one a core i9 9900k + SSD + 32 Gb ram + rtx2080s(not used) takes 40 minutes , and PC is at 100% usage of cpu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What i meant if you want to export it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>What i meant if you want to export it

No video card helps with exporting, only with smoother timeline playing

IF the card is in the list at https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-elements/using/gpu-acceleration.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dont get a gt 1030 your uhd 630 is more than enough and in fact should speed up rendering but it is bugged on on desktops it is only currently working in laptops but adobe is ignoring the issue and locking threads about it.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-elements/premiere-elements-2021-hardware-accelerated-renderi...

im not sure why "Adobe Community Professional's" are spreading false info 

please post in this one here that you are having the same problem https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-elements/premiere-elements-2021-hardware-encoding-option-una... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines