• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Prel 2020 - can't open mp4 files from premiere in OneDrive

Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strange behavior.  I'm unable to play mp4 files exported from premiere elements 2020 in my Microsoft OneDrive app on my phone and my tablet.  Other mp4 files that came directly from my phone or another person's phone/camera play no problem in the OneDrive mobile app.  But mp4 files from premiere only display a thumbnail of the video with no play button. 

I took an mp4 file directly from my phone and uploaded it to OneDrive.  When I view it in the OneDrive app on my phone, there is a play button and the video plays no problem.  I pulled that same file into premiere, chopped off a few seconds from the beginning, exported it as mp4 same resolution.  Put that file on OneDrive and when I pull it up in the mobile app on phone or tablet, it only shows a thumbnail and no play button. This happens with other projects exported from premiere.  Any idea what could be going on?  I hit a lot of dead ends with Microsoft support.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks! 

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i should add that those same mp4 files that don't play on OneDrive app play just fine in windows.  I use the default player for windows 10.  I think it's called movies and tv.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Video files, like MP4,  are containers for the several parts that make up a video.   There is a lot of variety.   Based on you description of the issue, the first guess is that something in your selection of output choices might be the issue.   Can you describe the selections you are making?  Can you include some screen shots?   It might also be useful to look at the internal contents of your file with the (free) program called 'MediaInfo'.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 05, 2021 Mar 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what did you do?? 8) it's working just fine now. i figured it was the
result of some kind of onedrive update. not sure why, but the mp4 files
play no problem in the mobile version of onedrive now. thanks for trying
to help me. i will post again if the problem comes back.

Thanks,
Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 05, 2021 Mar 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bill,

I tried to respond via email, but not sure it worked.  anyway, the problem has gone away.  the mp4 files play no problem in the onedrive viewer for mobile now a few days later.  I was using the default export method in premiere elements choosing export, devices, HD1080.  the format was set to MP4 - H.264.  there weren't any other choices, so I'm not sure exactly what ends up in the container with that selection.  BUT, the problem has disappeared.  thanks for trying to help me.  i will post again if the problem comes back.  I'll check out MediaInfo as well.  thanks for that tip.  i'd be curious what the differences are between the files that come directly off the phone and the files that come out of premiere.

cheers,

Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 06, 2021 Mar 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim,

Could it be just a syncing delay through the OneDrive servers that is causing the confusion?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I haven't seen a file show up that is only partially sync's before, but these are larger, different files than I normally work with.  It does seem to resolve itself, but sometimes only after a few days.  Weird.  Thank you for helping me think it through.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines