• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PrElements no audio in appearing in timeline

Community Beginner ,
Jan 01, 2020 Jan 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been following the same process in handling importing of MP4’s to Premier elements 19 and all of a sudden audio tracks are not showing up in the timeline when I move an asset from a file into PrElements 19. The video shows up but there is no audio track The MP4‘s have audio BEFORE I pull them in to Premier elements 19. I have researched this problem for quite some time with no solution yet. Thank you

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 01, 2020 Jan 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First guess is to ask about the source.  Where do the clips come from?  Can you use the (free) MediaInfo program to share the structure of the source files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2020 Jan 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure how to do that but I will work on it.  These are coming from homemade DVDs and are in .mp4 format.

its very odd because the audio track will be there when first dragged to the timeline but disappears after a while. It's very random and irregular.  I will work on getting more details. 
I almost got scammed by a troll on this post trying to tell me that I needed to buy PSE and PrE 2020 and they wanted my credit card. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post the name of the troll so that it can be reported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"DVDs and are in .mp4 format"  MP4 is a video file container that has a variety of "codecs" inside.  Premier Elements is primarily aimed at editing video from cameras.   It may not have what it takes to edit the video from your DVDs.  A work around is to use something like the (free) Handbrake conversion program to turn your DVD file into a more common codec.   It may take some experimentation.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines