• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Prem elements 2018 failing to launch

Community Beginner ,
Jan 01, 2018 Jan 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello can anyone help for 2 days 8hrs each I let Adobe support remotely access my laptop to try and get Prem 2018 to launch! They couldn't do it and werebjust ridiculously unhelpful.

All it does when I open it to use video editor is go onto the purple loading screen and fail on the quick/or real time installation % part. They just keep saying uninstal and reinstall which doesn't work.

When I first got and registered the program it worked fine then all of a sudden stopped.  I run on win 64 and the program is on win 8 but laptop win10. Have trouble shooted it and tried on all versions of window's and I still can't get past the purple loading screen.  Laptop is up-to-up-to-date, HD and plenty of storage

Can anyone help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved from Premiere Pro to Premiere Elements forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Laptop is up-to-up-to-date

that is not always the case.

I run on win 64 and the program is on win 8 but laptop win10.

What does that mean?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2018 Jan 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That' just the specs they say you need inorder to have the programe? I checked using there quick Keyes and just confirmed for this question. I have no idea what any of it means. Other than the programe opens on Windows 8 settings as per it' own choice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What processor do you have with how much RAM? How much free, clean, recently defragmented space is on your hard drive?

What is your monitor resolution?

The program can't open if you lack monitor resolution and scratch drive space on your hard drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2018 Jan 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I'm not that technical on Pc's. I brought the 1 user 1 pc licence and the programeworked for 2 weeks then fails to launch on the purple screen when it is 'loading importerquicktime.pm ' for 1np reason. The support / requirements say that I just need to run on the above mentioned specs and I have alot of spare memory on my PC? I'm at a total loss even adobe can't seem to work it out. I think it's a bug on the version i have maybe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 11, 2018 Jan 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're not able to help you without more details, Teddy. It's not a bug in the program or many others would be able to duplicate your issue.

But if we can find out the specifics of your system, we may be able to track down what's going on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2018 Jan 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You just pulled me up for asking someone els3 who has similar issues of they ever got a solution? Which leads me back to the bug theory?

If you could educate me in IT so I can tell you the answer to all of your questions about my laptop I'd be happy to provide you the answers

But, when I have paid for a programe and my laptop meets the specs of the programe and has memory etc to run it.... I shouldn't be going throu all this.  Supplier I brought from agrees it's a programe bug and is going to  re-issue the programe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

teddyc7163219  wrote

If you could educate me in IT so I can tell you the answer to all of your questions about my laptop I'd be happy to provide you the answers

Have a look here:

how+to+find+computer+specs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry if I came across as snippy, teddy. But we do need details if you want us to help you.

For instance, if you have a laptop that includes a monitor with too low resolution, the program won't open. If you have too little defragmented space on your hard drive, the program won't open. These are not bugs in the program. It's simply that a program can appear to meet the system requirements but still fall short of what is required for the program to deploy.

I and my colleagues have tested the program on several computers, both Mac and PC, and it opens perfectly on every one. So the problem is system specific.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was previously working as mentioned above and there were no other specs mentioned at point of purchase other than being a Windows or Mac choice. So, as I'm sure you can understand I shouldn't need a degree in computing in order to get this programe to work. Google is full of forum's elsewhere where people are commenting on the same issues as mine with no solution from Adobe. What I don' understand is when adobe took control of my machine for 16 hours they didn't use their it 'skill set and check these things? The programe is known to block flash player on win 10 when being ran on it's preferred settings and not opening as a result and also known to not work of you have anti virus protection working? None of this is mentioned at point of purchase and you haven' helped me at all. The chap below has been more informative.

Please only respond when you have read my comments and original post with a suitable outcome or actual support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 30, 2018 Jan 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi teddyc7163219,

Since you have mentioned that app fails to launch and stuck at 'loading importerquicktime.pm' so can you please check if you have Quick time player installed in the system? And if it is installed then uninstall the Quick time player, restart machine and try to launch Premiere Elements again.

Do let us know your findings.

Thanks,

Sagar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines