• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premeire elements 14 wont work properly

Explorer ,
Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried to get someone to help before, but didnt get the problem solved. Heres my computer information first that ill give you so it will help you figure out the issue.

It is a Windows 10, laptop,

It is an AMD A6-4400M APU with Radeon HD graphics 2.70Gz

Ram is 6.00GB(5.46 usable)

64 bit operating system, X64-based processor

Samsung electronics

329GB free of 437GB, which is weird because 437 is not how it started.

Now the problem started when the program lagged alot ever since installing an upgrade for avast antivirus. I decided to shut off my laptop and turn it back on again, now ever since after that i click on the program and it wont start up. I have to uninstall it and then reinstall it to be able to use it every time after closing it down for it to work, but even so, it still lags alot and it seems to be getting worse slowly, it wont even play back the preview of the video in the editer even after rendering it all.

Before i reinstall it a message comes up saying Weve encountered the following issues-Installer has detected that a machine restart may be pending. It is recommended that you quit the installer,restart your machine and try installing again..But that wont work,so i click ignore.

After using the program and closing it down, part of it,not the editer,but the welcome menu refuses to close, sometimes clicking excape and the cross alot will get a message to appear saying programs not responding, and i click close it, other times that wont work and i have to go to task manager to end the task.

I cant use the editer with it being this bad. Somebody please help. If you need resolution of my screen,which i dought is the problem,but ive been asked before, just tell me where to find that info as i have forgotten.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You say you've already posted this question -- so I don't know what you've already discussed and resolved.

But my immediate reaction is that your computer is pretty heavily underpowered for running a video editor. On this benchmark chart, I usually recommend at least a 5000-6000 for editing of standard AVCHD video. Your processor rates a 1600.

PassMark CPU Benchmarks - Low Mid Range CPUs

It also appears to be a notebook computer, which are often built for portability rather than power and often have smaller than necessary resolution monitors. (In my books I recommend a minimum of 1280x1024 in order to accommodate the interface.)

I don't know if these factors alone are your issue, but they will certainly bear heavily on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thing is it worked a long while before this happened. Ive spoken to someone else about the issue before, but what i have said is everything that i spoke to this person about.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with Steve's evaluation that your computer may not be suitable for video editing.

That said, one of my family members was getting ready to replace a high end laptop because it ran so slowly.  Somehow other family members had cautiously installed anti-virus software.  When they were done, they had three AV programs running at once.  The computer was close to useless.

What you've written suggests you have a computer or operating system problem.  You wrote that you were satisfied with the performance in the past.  And now, after making system changes, you are not happy.  That suggests system problems.  It may also be that your anti-virus is preventing normal installation.  It may be disk drive issues.  Unfortunately it is a long list of possibilities.

My suggestion is to completely remove your antivirus system, completely remove Premiere Elements and then try a fresh installation.  If that does not work you might consider finding some help where there is general system expertise.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for advice. ill try it to identify if the problem. By the way forgot to mention this, but remembered just now as i tried to get in my steam account. I cant get in, it says it loads then nothing happens. I can only get in every time the desktop loads up and it does its automatic start up, saying updating it(every time)then up comes the login welcome page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 18, 2017 Nov 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tried uninstalling the antivirus and the prem el. Then i reinstalled

prem. It helped. The program installed a lot faster and theres a lot less

lag, its all better. I still have to uninstall it and reinstall it every

time i want to use it again though after closing down, buts it uninstalls

and reinstalls at a quick enough pace.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines