Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premier Elements 13: Separating panels

Explorer ,
Sep 03, 2020 Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm using PE13 on a 16-month-old iMac with macOS Mojave version 10.14.6.

For a long time I have been able to separate the panels in the main workspace, particularly the timeline and the video monitor, dragging the panels into different sizes.

Yesterday, I restarted my iMac and found that the panels were suddenly fixed together, despite my efforts to again shape the size of the timeline without altering the monitor.  Does anyone know how I can again resize the panels as I am used to doing?  Thanks.

TOPICS
Tips and tricks , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 03, 2020 Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Premiere Elements, you can only break the timeline off into a separate panel. You can't break any other window off into floating windows.

To break the timeline off into a separate panel, go to the program's Window menu and select Dual Monitor Workspace. To re-combine the panels, go to the Window menu and select Restore Workspace.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 04, 2020 Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply.  I'll try that.

Actually, I did try the dual monitor workspace option a couple of days ago but PE then froze and after about 30 minutes I force-quit.

Maybe I was just unlucky so I will try it again and let you know how I get on.

Thanks again,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 04, 2020 Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure you have the latest drivers for your graphics card from the nVidia or AMD site. Don't trust Windows to provide the newest or most stable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 05, 2020 Sep 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Many thanks.  I tried again with the dual monitor workspace and it worked perfectly.

Grateful for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines