• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premier Elements 15

Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2019 Feb 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having changed my laptop, I am having problems editing videos. I can load the video editor and select the media to edit, but I am not able to run a preview of the video. This has only happened since changing laptops, both of which are running Windows 10.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 12, 2019 Feb 12, 2019

I changed Default output in Audio Hardware from ED273 Intel Audio to Speakers(realtek High Definition Audio(SST))

and the same for the Default Input.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to Premiere Elements

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which processor does your new laptop have with how much RAM?

What model of camcorder is your video coming from and what is its format and resolution?

Are you saying you can add your video to your Project Media panel and you can see it there but, when you add it to your timeline it will not play?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a Intel Core i7-8550U 1.8ghz with TB 4.00Ghz and 20GB Memory 16GB intel optane Memory + 4GB DDR Memory

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can add video to my time line but am unable to play it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are a couple things that (rarely) come up here. 

Try changing your "Hardware Acceleration" in General Preferences. 

Also try changing the Default Audio Input to "none" in Audio Hardware Preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also PLEASE tell us what format your video is and what model of camcorder it's coming from.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use all formats, .avi,  .mov, .mp4 . Some of the video comes from my mobile which is a Sony Xperia or from customers. I use the video to highlight problems on machines.

I have just noticed that if I leave the program running, it will eventually allow me to play the video, approx. 30 mins.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I try to go into general preferences I get the error MME Device Error

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found an error with the Audio in the General Preferences, I have now changed the Audio settings to remove the error. This appears to have solved the problem. I have powered down and restarted and it now appears to work ok.

Thanks

for your Help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For future reference, which setting and what did you change it to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2019 Feb 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I changed Default output in Audio Hardware from ED273 Intel Audio to Speakers(realtek High Definition Audio(SST))

and the same for the Default Input.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 12, 2019 Feb 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Perfect.  Thanks for the reply Aranford.  It will help answer future questions. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines