• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premier elements 20 - Problem

Community Beginner ,
Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have been using PSE 20 without any big issues for editing videos. Until today where I have spent hours trying to complete a  9min video and right at the end of the rendering for export and sharing I get this message...

"File imported detected an inconsistendy in the file structure of morven.mpt4. reading and writing this files metadata (xmp) has been disabled."

the only operable icon is to press Ok then I am back to the start again..

There are 66 video clips, mainly go pro and dji drone 4k footage, one music track and that is it. I am trying to save to 4k and wait for over an hour to receive this message at around 98% complete..this is the 3rd time today!!

Can anyone advise?

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving thread to the Premiere Elements forum from Using the Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will have to convert the morven.mp4 clip into an editable format and replace on timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ann is right. The frame rate or codec isn't compatible with Premiere Elements.

Here's how to convert it to an editable file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2021 Jun 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, i already have handbrake on my pc thanks. Unfortutely it is not possble for me to select the editied 66 video clips contained in the video I was working on in PSE and transfer them to Handbrake as they are not recognised by Handbrake. I tried to export and save the file at a lower grade HD and it worked fine but the video quality is very poor and does not do the footage credit. I have not had any problems with any other similar projects but for some reason this one and another I completed today have refused to export and save. Thanks for your reply. Cheers Kenny

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you, the file is a film that contains 66 clips made up of go pro and 4k drone footage adn the name of the video is Morven. Unfortunately it is not possible to select the individual clips for conversion...never had this problem before and have made tens of films without fault..something has changed..thanks for your reply. Kenny

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Used Handbrake, converted all files and imported thme into PSE to edit a video..and once again the programme came up with the message.. file importer detected an iconsistency in the file structure of Dunnet.mp4, Reading and writing this file's metadata (xmp) has been disabled. OK. this message appeared after I had edited video, exported to save as 4k video and after waiting for it to render and run the programme displayed the above message just aboput 99.99999% completed..does anyone have any idea what is wrong with this software??? losing the will withe Adobe software...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is nothing wrong with the software: the file is corrupt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your reply. As the previous threads indicated this video Dunnet.mp4 (a file made up of new clips) is totally different from the one you previously commented (Morvern). The problem occured again during the saving and exporting element despite using additional software (Handbrake) to convert files. Suspect a problem with the 4K data as the programme completed the save and export using the lesser quality 1080 HD...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to be clear, Photoshop Elements does NOT edit video. It is a photo editing app. If you are really importing an MP4 into Photoshop Elements, that could explain the error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply, perhaps it was not clear  in earlier thread..but I am using premier elements video editor which I bought at the same time as the photoshop elements and have been using them for well over a year..As far as I know it is designed for video editing so not sure why this problem is occurring now..Cheers K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines