• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premier Elements 2018 - Audio Issue

Explorer ,
Sep 16, 2018 Sep 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new to Premier Elements so please excuse this questions which I see if often-discussed - I am just getting my head around some of these concepts.

I installed Adobe Premier Elements 2018 on my Windows 10 machine. There are videos which I am able to play through WMP, Movies & TV App, and iTunes on my computer and the audio works fine. However, when importing to Premier Elements there is no Audio track.

After researching on this forum and Adobe's help content, I installed GSpot and it says they were encoded with AC3 codec, and that AC3 is also installed on my computer.

I tried googling AC3 and Premier Elements but didn't turn up anything useful.

I'm confused what could be happening and why there is no audio for this set of videos. I've confirmed I "do" hear audio for other videos on my computer that were recorded with different devices.

Is there any definitive way to figure this out?

Thanks for your help,

James

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please use the free MediaInfo and post a screenshot the properties of your media in tree view:

MediaInfo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Peru Bob;

Would a screenshot from GSPot work? I had already installed that so a bit easier for me. Thank you for your insights.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where is this file from?

Is it a copy protected DVD?

Is it a commercial DVD?

Is it from a DVD recorder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Peru Bob,

It's a personal video from our wedding that was taken by a relative. I don't know exactly what brand camera but it might have been a Sony. It would have been recorded in 2010.

It wasn't a DVD and there isn't any copy protection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 17, 2018 Sep 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Bob says, G Spot does not provide us very complete information. The MediaInfo report would be much more helpful. Particularly since this is a very old video and we're not sure what model of camcorder it came from or even if it came from a hard drive or tape-based camcorder.

It actually looks to me more like video from a DVD. Though it may have come from one of those odd hybrid camcorders from the mid-2000s that stores its video on a DVD disc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 22, 2018 Sep 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Steve and Bob,

Please see attached. I hope this is what you were looking for. If you could provide any tips for how to find the codec so this will be read into Adobe Premier Elements, please let me know.

Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if this matter but here is the Video Tree:

Capture2.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This looks like a pretty standard 720x480 DVD/MPEG video to me, JC. Premiere Elements 2018 should have no trouble at all editing this video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 13, 2018 Oct 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello out there,

I'm still looking for help with the above issue. As per @Steve Grisetti, it's not clear why audio is not working in Adobe Premier Elements but works fine in Windows 10 Movies and TV app.

Since this thread was created, I've upgraded to Adobe Premier Elements 2019 hoping that the new version would fix the issue, but to no avail. Still, when I load these movies into Adobe Premier Elements, there is no audio soundtrack and no audio available (including on export).

Without a firm understanding of what's wrong, does anybody know if there is a way around this. I was wondering if I could try and translate the file into another format or re-encode it; thinking that maybe another app (VLC?) that likewise does read the video with audio would be able to save in another file format and perhaps I'd get lucky and this second format would work in Premier Elements audio and video.

Does anybody think this would work or have any other ideas? Thanks all,

James

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 13, 2018 Oct 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A simple solution is to convert the video into a 854x480 px MP4 using the free downlaod Hanbrake. (For good measure, under the Audio tabe in Handbrake make sure that the file is set to AAC rather than AC3 audio.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines