• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premier elements 2018 no longer opens PSE 2018 does !

Community Beginner ,
Apr 01, 2018 Apr 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason when I click on the Premier Elements shortcut it no longer opens.

I tried going straight to the premier elements.exe program in the Adobe folder with the list of files still no.

I tried open as administrator still no.

I did a system restore to a date which I knew it was working - still doesn't open.

Photoshop Elements 2018 opens OK

I have a copy of Premiere Elements 15 that opens OK.

any help greatly appreciated

Bill

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 01, 2018 Apr 01, 2018

Haven't done it yet - will do later this week - I just deleted the downloads a week ago - (but they are on a drive somewhere) - never ever had this with any program before but I see I'm not the only one - I thought adobe must know why this happens and it would be a simple case of downloading a new exe file and a couple dll files.

Luckily there is no rush I

thanks anyway Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have not done it, uninstall the existing Premiere Elements, reboot, re-install Premiere Elements, reboot and then check. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haven't done it yet - will do later this week - I just deleted the downloads a week ago - (but they are on a drive somewhere) - never ever had this with any program before but I see I'm not the only one - I thought adobe must know why this happens and it would be a simple case of downloading a new exe file and a couple dll files.

Luckily there is no rush I

thanks anyway Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure where you found many other people with the same issue.   Keep in mind that Premier Elements is "best selling" video editing software sold in multiple languages around the world.   At the first hint of trouble, users gravitate to this forum.   Following this forum for a few years, the more likely conclusion is that refusing to run after previously running well is a hint towards a hardware problem. 

Do you need a link to a fresh download?

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bill - I restored my pc to its up to date status and I did an uninstall today - that was always my last hope if all else failed. I re- installed Premier Elements and it worked

My take on it is it didn't like the last windows update - that's why I did a system restore.

Strange thing after the system restore lightroom wouldn't  open because of a catalogue error. I don't even use the catalogue in LR - too many pics spread over several hard drives - once I re-restored my pc to it's up to date state LR worked again !!!  My PC is my work bench for images and videos once they are worked on they are moved to a Drive and a back up drive. I would rather Adobe sold the editors without organisers/catalogues for me they are an unnecessary overhead to slow down the editor start up and shut down.

Another strange thing PSE15 and Premier Elements15 worked in either PC restore state

cheers

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good that you got it working. 

Regarding Lightroom, you could try using Bridge and right clicking to Open in Camera Raw.   That procedure require no catalog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines