• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premier Elements 2018 pan & zoom crash on OSX

New Here ,
Jan 08, 2018 Jan 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premier Elements 2018(version 16 20171217)

macos 10.13.2, mid 2015 macbook pro

i7, 16gb ram, iris pro

working with mp4 video.

after creating a pan & zoom and clicking 'done', premier freezes and crashes. The mac volleyball spins endlessly, and premier must be force quit. The feature is unusable as it. Really sad as this is such a basic feature to not work correctly. You would expect the basic things to work on the basic version of the software $100 is still a lot of money to waste on this.

i saw there are other posts for this issue but no comments from adobe, any way this can get acknowledged by anyone else?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Pan & Zoom tool is really designed to work with photos.

With video, you'll get much better results keyframing Motion. Although, as I'm sure you know, panning and zooming into video is never a good idea because it over-rezzes the video clip.

What is the source, resolution and frame rate of your MP4? Does it have a variable frame rate?

When  you go to the Edit menu and select Project Settings, what is listed on the General page?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Steve+Grisetti  wrote

The Pan & Zoom tool is really designed to work with photos.

Due respect Steve, but I'm on Windows 10, version 2018 and shoot 4K.  I have no trouble with P&Z tool on video clips or stills.  It works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have tried it with a still image to test as well as from a clip. no dice. No variable frame rate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 09, 2018 Jan 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which OS are you on? Macs have been notoriously nasty with Adobe  products since Sierra.

I'm on El Capitan, and I can run the Elements programs as well as the Creative Cloud without a hiccup!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2018 Jan 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue but freezing on a still photo.

Mac Mini with a 2.3GHz i7 and 16 GB RAM running 10.13.2.

In another thread someone made the suggestion of downsizing the image to 2500x1875@72...that seems to have fixed it!  Pan & Zoom is working again!

EDIT:  It worked once and is crashing again.  Ugh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2018 Mar 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have found the same problem using OSX. Worse, if you accidentally go into Pan & Zoom then try to cancel, Premiere freezes and a Force Quit is the only way out. It's a tool that is just not fit for purpose.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2022 Dec 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same problem with Premiere Elements 18 on an IMAC using High Sierra 10.13.6.

I eventually sorted it out  by using the reset button to get rid of the preset frames and then using the add new frame button to insert new ones. This has solved the problem completely. Perhaps the preset frames are not compatible with the settings I use for my videos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines