• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premier Elements 2018 wont start due to driver error

Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premier Elements 2018 was just installed for me by the Adobe helpdesk.  But when I try to open Premier Elements I get the message:

"We have detected an incompatible display driver.  To get a better and faster playback performance, please update your display driver. "

After that, the program does not open.

I have a DELL Inspiron 7559, 8GB ram, Windows 10, Intel HD Graphics 530 and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M.

All drivers (Windows and Display adapters) are checked and up to date.

DirectX is running version 12.

I have re-started the PC, but the issue remains the same

What to do?

Adobe Premier 2018 opening issue.JPG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check at the Nvidia website to see if there is a newer driver.  If that does not do it, there have been a couple times over the past few years that an automatic Nvidia driver update has caused issues with video editing software including Premier Elements.  The fix was to use Nvidia's site to "roll back" a version or two. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I when to NVIDIA and they said I should update to latest driver.  I have done this and rebooted. But problem with ADOBE Premier Elements is the same and it still wont start

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2017 Nov 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reading another forum notice ( We have detected an incompatible display driver. (premiere elements 14)  )  I found a work around solution:

1 ) Disable NVIDIA via:  Device Manager / Display Adapters / rightclick NVIDIA / Disable Device

2 ) Open Premier Elements 2018

3 ) Enable NVIDIA

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 30, 2017 Nov 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

glens53411475  wrote

Reading another forum notice ( We have detected an incompatible display driver. (premiere elements 14)   )  I found a work around solution:

1 ) Disable NVIDIA via:  Device Manager / Display Adapters / rightclick NVIDIA / Disable Device

2 ) Open Premier Elements 2018

3 ) Enable NVIDIA

Thanks for finding that.  I've put in my notes for future reference. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines