• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premier Elements 2019 crashes when I preview a video

Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2019 Mar 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I press play or manually drag the cursor to preview my work Elements 2019 crashes

Event log

Faulting application name: PremiereElementsEditor.exe, version: 17.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5b88d238

Faulting module name: mc_bc_dec_avc.dll, version: 10.3.16.9707, time stamp: 0x59dd3688

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x00000000000d943b

Faulting process id: 0x534c

Faulting application start time: 0x01d4e6474d9dae4e

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 2019\PremiereElementsEditor.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 2019\mc_bc_dec_avc.dll

Report Id: 88bee402-e2be-4ec6-acb0-32d2ac4beff9

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 05, 2019 Apr 05, 2019

After working with a great customer support rep we narrowed the issues down to videos that were created with my phone,  a Pixel 3 XL,  which was a great start.

Looking at the error generated and subsequent one it looked like a memory issue.  I ran a mem test, but it came back clean,  so next I went into my bios and changed the setting on my CPU from performance to standard which, has a direct effect on memory timings.  I can now edit the videos from my phone.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 29, 2019 Mar 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know enough to answer based on an event log.  Programmers might be able to do that.  You might want to try an online "chat" with customer support.   Contact Customer Care 

If you want to try for help here, what is the source of the video?  How much memory and free disk space do you have?  What is the computer configuration?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2019 Mar 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried to get a hold of chat, but they're closed every time I go there

Video was taken with my pixel 3xl, 1080p, transferred to the computer

147 GB free on my C: drive,

491 GB free on my scratch drive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 30, 2019 Mar 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try updating or rolling back your graphics driver directly from the video card manufacturer’s site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2019 Apr 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After working with a great customer support rep we narrowed the issues down to videos that were created with my phone,  a Pixel 3 XL,  which was a great start.

Looking at the error generated and subsequent one it looked like a memory issue.  I ran a mem test, but it came back clean,  so next I went into my bios and changed the setting on my CPU from performance to standard which, has a direct effect on memory timings.  I can now edit the videos from my phone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for posting the success story.  Was it an Adobe support rep?  What exactly lead to the BIOS solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it was an Adobe rep,  Anthony Jones, he was awesome and very patient.    He helped me isolate the videos that were causing me problems.

The bios thing was my guess based on the memory error.   I am not a computer guy at all,  I got lucky.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Steve,

Thanks.  As you may guess, being a regular here is a fun retirement hobby for me.  I frequently refer people to Adobe Customer Support when machines are balled up and not working.  I rarely get feedback.  In years of using Premiere Elements since version 9, I've never had any trouble so have not needed to try customer support.  It's nice to know it works.

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines