• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premier Elements 2020 crashing on 4K export

New Here ,
Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

prem elem 2020 crashing after clicking on 'export & share' after spinning for just about 10 sec, working with 4K30fps 7 sec test clip.  Tested on ver 2019, worked great. Cleared all media caches, rebooted to clear memory, and purchased the HEIF image ext, and HEVC video ext. (purchased before the crashing started to see if PE 2020 could handle 4K60 or 1080p220. It doesn't)

BTW, what is the highest quality mp4 PE can handle?, you guys (adobe) must already know this, please tell me so I can stop experimenting, thanks. ps I have also read the "Troubleshoot video files in Adobe Premiere Elements (Feb2019)"

TOPICS
Crash , Export , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know about 1080p220, but 4K60 from my phone worked fine for me.  

For "highest quality", I'm not sure what you're asking.   I would match the source at output.    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you very much. For 'highest quality', I mean as we view 4k to be higher quality than 1080p, and 4k60 to be higher quality than 4k30.

I followed the advice given and got on the chat line, the tech noticed an NVIDIA driver installed along with the Intel graphics driver and mentioned that they could be conflicting with each other. The tech was unfortunately disconnected while upgrading the NVIDIA driver (Adobe's end), I disabled the NVIDIA driver, and behold, export stopped crashing.

My laptop is still momentarily freezing and a bit choppy editing 4k, but then after reviewing the system requirements for PE2020, my processor is the gen before the "Intel Core i7 -7700 or above and 16 GB RAM recommended for 4K editing" recommendation and I'm only using 6 GB RAM.

So I still have some work to do.  But many thanks for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm happy you got it working!  Thanks for updating me.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines