• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premier Elements 2020 Quick View Zoom Timeline

New Here ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently upgraded from Premier Elements 2016 to the 2020 version. I am trying to do some very simple in Quick View that has seemed to change in this new version. I have added a video from a file. It is showing on the timeline, occupying about 10% of the horizontal length of the screen. I need to zoom way in on this clip to do editing. The help for Quick View arranging clips says: "To zoom in or out as you add a clip, drag the clip to the Quick view timeline. Hold down the mouse button, and press the Equals (=) key to increase the zoom factor or press the Minus (–) key to decrease it.". This is not working. Nothing changes in the view. The help also says "To zoom in on the Quick view timeline, drag the Zoom slider to the right, or click the Zoom In button". Where is the zoom slider? I cannot find this either. Any advice  here would be greatly appreciated.

TOPICS
User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to edit a clip in Quick View, you're better off using Smart Trim. I show you how in the latter half of this video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know how to find the section of Help you are looking at.   The functions and slider you describe are available in the Expert view.  I am not aware of them being in the Quick view.   If it helps, you can switch from one to the other within a current project without difficulty.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Steve and whsprague. I moved on to using the Expert view and got the edits done. I guess I should have been using the Expert view all along. Also well done on the Basic Training videos Steve -- very helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines