• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premier elements crashed and lost video - now it wont open

New Here ,
Apr 17, 2020 Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi frineds. Im pretty pissed at the moment.  I had just completed a video I have spent many hours on.  At the final render premier elements crashed.  after opeing back up the program, when I try and open the saved file it just says an unkown error has occured. Ive tried everything I can think of.  ANyone have any thoughts or ideas> 

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 17, 2020 Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have my sympathy.   Based on my personal experience it is more likely you had a hardware failure than a software failure.  Of course that doesn't help.   

Premiere Elements automatically creates backup project files.  I think the default is every 15 minutes and it keeps five.  Make a copy of one and try opening it.  They will be in a folder withing your project folder.  The folder should be called "Premiere Elements Auto-Save".  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can try opening the previously auto saved projects present at the same location where you have saved your original project.

Best,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Could you please share the complete system details with us. You can open command prompt and run following and share the systeminfo.txt file generated with us. 

systeminfo > C:\Users\<Username>\systeminfo.txt

Also, what was the media type you were using in the project and broadly what all operations you performed. Also, could you please delete contents of the following folder and try reopening the project - 

- C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Common

- C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Premiere Elements\18.0

- Go to the folder where you saved the project and delete folders with the names "Video Previews" and "Layouts"

Also, would it be possible for you to share the project file with us. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines