• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premier Elements - GoPro Hero 6

New Here ,
Feb 13, 2021 Feb 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When starting a new Project in Premier Elements and select settings (NTSC and PAL). How do you know what PAL or NTSC settings your MP4 file is recored in? We are using  GoPro Hero6 and we can see (choose NTSC or PAL) and we can se file format MP4 but then, what PAL format should you import your MP4 file in? There is a bunch of different PAL settings (AVCHD, DSLR, DV etc).

We are living i Europe so PAL settings apply we assume.

[Title edited by mod]

TOPICS
Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to Elements forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes Europe is PAL but did you set the Gopro to PAL before recording. (Probably not, ntsc is default).

Post screenshot of mp4 in Mediainfo in treeview.

MediaInfo windows

MediaInfo Mac

unknow files.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ann's request makes it possible to figure out exactly what your camera is doing.  

There may be an easy way too.  Those choices presented at the opening of a new project are there in case you need to force a project setting.  The last several versions of Premiere Elements will do it for you automatically.   After establishing a title and file location, you can skip past that screen and use Add Media for your clips.  Pick a typical one and slide it onto the timeline.  Premiere Elements should recognize the footage and set the correct projects settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With all due respect I know there is an easy way out, but I think users need to know what is going on under the hood.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"I think users need to know what is going on under the hood."

Yes Ann!  I'm always envious of your level of knowledge and experience.  People should be interested in what's 'under the hood'.

Now that I'm learning Premiere Pro, I can say that users need greater tools.   Yet there are many who buy Premiere Elements for the simplicity.  They want to make videos "the easy way".  

There is certainly room for both!

That said, I'm currently looking for tutorials or training to understand the contents of a MediaInfo report!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines