Highlighted

Premier Elements increasing size to file

New Here ,
Jun 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have some Zoom recordings -- MP4 -- that are about 850mb. When I use Premier Elements to edit, even after removing some sections, the size jumps to 3.5GB.

Why?

Even when I take the quality down, it is 1.5 gb.

It made posting the videos impossible on YouTube unless I broke down the individual sessions into smaller groups.

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Premier Elements increasing size to file

New Here ,
Jun 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have some Zoom recordings -- MP4 -- that are about 850mb. When I use Premier Elements to edit, even after removing some sections, the size jumps to 3.5GB.

Why?

Even when I take the quality down, it is 1.5 gb.

It made posting the videos impossible on YouTube unless I broke down the individual sessions into smaller groups.

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 05, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is the forum for premiere pro, not premiere elements.  I imagine there are export settings in premiere elements that you could match to the settings of your zoom recordings so the file size comes down, but have never used elements...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 05, 2020 0
Jun 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to Premiere Elements.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 05, 2020 0
Ann Bens LATEST
Jun 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Filesize is determinded by duration x bitrate.

If you want is less filesize lower the bitrate.

You should be able to upload 1.5 gig to youtube.

Post screenshot of export settings.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 05, 2020 0