• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premier Elements is a disappointment

New Here ,
Jul 08, 2021 Jul 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have used Pinnacle editing software many years.

I went to Mac Mini and their software does not work on Mac. So I tried Premier Elements.

I feel like it is program designed for first time users only, not a Lite versionof the Pro.

I can't even find a way to import a lower third graphic I made to use as an overlay as a name banner.

I feel sad I spent money on this program.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Other than name, I don't think it was ever intended to be a 'lite' version.  It is developed by a different team, marketed to a different audience and remained as a perpetual licensed software.  It does have a "Quick" mode for begginners.  

I can't imagine that a lower third would not work.  If it is a graphic with a transparent background you should be able to put it above the main track on the timeling in the Expert mode.  

How are you trying to do it?  What is the source of the graphic?  How can I help?

(The Elements programs have a month long trial period.  If you the serial number from Adobe direct, you have a couple weeks where you can get a refund.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Basically I want to make a lower third name banner that I also can use to
put ingredients on the same lower third so having the same graphic but able
to change the words and then just drag and drop each of the saved lower
thirds where they need to be in the show.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You seem to be asking about what Premiere Elements calls Titles.   If I understand correctly, you would use the most basic "Classic" "Default Text" title.    What might be different or confusing is that you make your duplicates in the Project Assets panel, not on the timeline.   The text tools have a selector/pointer used to move the title wherever you want.   

If I've misunderstood, ask more questions.

The Premiere Elements titles system has evolved to where you have choices from the most simple to complex.   You may have to spend a few minutes on YouTube watching tutorials.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2021 Jul 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Titles Issue more specifically.

I use the same blank banner for all my titles.

I want to add new words to each banner used throughout the show.

I tried copy and paste in the assets but that does not work, because when I change one set of words it changes all of them.

I really do NOT want to have to create a new title, chnage the font for each line, resize each line.

I should be able to make a template so that all that iinformation would be saved and I don't have to take a couple minutes each time I want to change a word or two.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dont copy/paste but rather duplicate title in the assets window. This will give an unique copy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Titles Issue more specifically.

I use the same blank banner for all my titles.

I tried copy and paste in the assets but that does not work, because when I change one set of words it changes all of them.  ....I should be able to make a template so that all that iinformation would be saved 

By @Mitch6C1C

(On edit... I started typing, got a phone call and was too late.  Ann was quicker and more to the point.  I will leave my post anyway.)

Mitch, 

Premier Elements does that very well, but not on the timeline.  Instead, make 'Duplicates' in the Project Assets panel.  Right click to select an existing tile and pick 'Duplicate' from the drop down.   If necessary, rename the new title.  Slide the new title to the timeline where you can edit the text by double clicking the title.  If you are doing a lot of titles, there is an option the the Project Assets panel to make a separate folder.  

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I highly recommend you download free trials before blindly spending money on any software.

But that said, other than your concern that it won't import a lower third (which it will) you have said why you think the software is "lite". You might be surprised how deep the software actually is!

Though depending on your needs, Premiere Pro, Final Cut or iMovie might be a better fit. It all depends on how you're going to  use and what type of video you plan to edit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines