Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premier elements

Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2018 Apr 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I had to reinstall Premier Elements on my new iMac when my CS3 wasn't working either and the Adobe tech said EVERYTHING Adobe had to be removed.

Premier elements is running, but I am unable to reopen any previous .prel files.  It seems to process and load them, but then comes up with a blank screen like when there is no file loaded in PE.

What to do?

[Moderator note: Personal information removed. This is an open forum, not Adobe Technical Support.]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Were the .prel files created in the same version you are trying to open them in?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. it's the only version I ever had.  And PE was working even on the new iMac before the tech deleted everything to get my CS3 to work.  Now PE works, but I can't seem to open any old .prel files.  I haven't tried creating a video from scratch since that involves a third party program to convert files to a recognized format in PE and a lot of other work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you need to uninstall and reinstall.

You may need to use the Cleaner Tool:

Use the Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hmm, it was reinstalling CS3 that got me into trouble in the first place, when the tech took remote control of my machine and deleted even the working PE program.  He obviously wanted to get off the phone with me ASAP and left me to download the online version to replace the one I could no longer install from CDs since my new machine has no CD player.  If I try to uninstall PE now I'm afraid I will mess up the CS3 too and be back at square 1.  Since it took all day with hours on hold and intermittent forum support just to get this far, I think I'll pass on this.

Adobe can count on a bad review of their (non) support when I get around to it, unless they can come up with a better answer before then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines