Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premier Elements

Sep 23, 2017 Sep 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a problem with my Premier Elements 4. Yes I know its old but so am I and it worked for all these years until I lost a hard drive and had to rebuild and reload. Now when Adobe opens up only to tell me I need an unlock key. The people at Adobe sent me here after 2 phone calls. I do not want to buy elements 15. This is the code it gives me [removed by moderator]

My elements 4 is all original and I have the correct serial # they just do not know how to service and or will not service this product any longer. I want to help myself and Adobe by asking if anyone else has had this problem. I have tried it on an old XP and a laptop with 7. Either one comes up with the same problem. Any ideas are welcome. Jayme US Air Force Vet

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 23, 2017 Sep 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Early versions of the software did not need activate components that are no longer available to activate. This is, after all, software from over 10 years ago. It just may no longer be able to download the elements it needs to install.

Is there a reason you don't want to upgrade? Version 4 was pretty much capable of editing miniDV and HDV tape-based footage and that's about all. It won't even know what to do with today's current video formats.

If it's money, remember that even a step up to versions 11 or 12 will likely resolve your issues -- and they're old enough that they can be had pretty cheaply from Amazon and eBay.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Sep 24, 2017 Sep 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I own the full version and even though it cost me over $100. ten years ago the only thing blocking it is an unlock key that Adobe will not give me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 24, 2017 Sep 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you bought the program, you have the serial number to activate the program.

If this does not work, there is no other key available to unlock the program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 25, 2017 Sep 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steve it is saying something about my mpeg2 I will look later when I get

home.

Thanks

Jayme

On Sun, Sep 24, 2017 at 9:12 PM, Steve Grisetti <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 25, 2017 Sep 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The Main Concept MPEG codec was one of the components that had to be activated in early versions of the program. This is no longer required in newer versions of the program, and so you can no longer activate it.

One possible solution is to install the free trial of version 15. This will install the MPEG codec component along with other components -- if that's your only issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines